Spoilers Starship Design in Star Trek: Picard

You make demands of the shows that are unreasonable and obviously beyond the scope of what the producers can accomplish with their tight budgets and production schedules and then dismiss and complain when that is pointed out to you.

I find it hard to fathom some times why you even bother to continue watching, except to complain about the fact that it wasn't done exactly the way you wanted.
That's not a "personal beef", that's astonishment and confusion as to how you enjoy watching something that apparently doesn't meet your specifically high standards.

And since you have apparently brushed me off, I guess this conversation is over.
If you are trying to make people take you seriously, you are not swaying me to your side.

Why the Hell can't you make up reasonable chit for yourself.

Those of us that started with TOS have been happily doing that for over 50 years.

That is the height of a self absorbed child, that has to have everything spelled out for them.

Use your own imagination for gods sake.
TV shows are supposed to be Entertainment, not Educational Diatribes.

I loved this season but there were some inconsistencies that could easily have been fixed like the Titan refit nonsense. No why should people make things up? STD is a canon mess and there is only so much a person can make up. It becomes a convoluted mess.

Last edited:
Because Lower Decks takes place in the Discoverse while PIC takes place in the prime universe.
ugh-annoyed.gif

No, you're not listening. He made the statement after the show ended. So it's a suspect statement. We don't know if that was what he was planning all this time; that's just what he's saying after the fact. Just like how Braga stated years after the fact that FutureGuy was supposed to be Archer. He clearly didn't think that when ENT was on the air.

There's a possibility that the ship was going to be renamed the USS Picard, but at the last minute someone might have made a change.
https://screenrant.com/star-trek-picard-titan-enterprise-g-terry-matalas/

Terry Matalas: In our mind, we were writing the origin story of the next Enterprise and that the Titan name would live on in a proper new Luna Class ship. The Titan-B. Hopefully glimpsed in some future show.
I'm down with that, having a new Luna-class become the USS Titan-B.
That opens up the STO variants of the Luna-class or a all new ship design to gain the mantle of the USS Titan-B along with a new Captain or Riker to come back.

Back