Stargate

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bajorangirl, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Being realistic here. She did one movie in the 90's starring Jamie Foxx and it was bit role

After Stargate SG-1 she mostly did Canadian movies and TV series

Compared to Patrick Stewart who's been in the public eye since the 80's

-Excalibur
    -Star trek up to 2002
    -X-men up to 2017

Widely praised for his theater performances and many accolades

FanST and Summer Solstice like this.
  2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

That’s “Sir” Patrick Stewart, thankyou very much. :)

3. Happy Hopping

Happy Hopping Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

sure, 5 million is still a big no., but she did 10 season in stargate, and I believe 2 season Atlantis, and in SG1, she is 1 of the 4 lead character, by comparison, patrick stewart makes a few hundred thousand PER episode, so how can there be so much difference? at the search engine, under amanda tapping net worth, multiple sources reported 4 million or 5 million from 2020 to 2022.

4. Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice Captain Captain

That site claims Amanda Tapping is British. I'm sure she has joint British and Canadian citizenship, so maybe it's not that accurate? OTOH, it says RDA's net worth is about $25M.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, Sir Patrick pocketed $14 million or something similarly bonkers from Nemesis. And Star Trek has always been a bigger deal than Stargate, so I imagine a pay packets for lead actors differs somewhat.

Jedman67, FanST and Grendelsbayne like this.
  6. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I've heard celebrities (or just relatively normal people who have enough minor fame to get listed on those websites) complain about how wildly inaccurate those internet estimates are. But, assuming $5 million (or less) is accurate, Vancouver is a very expensive place to live. It's not like she gets to just keep all the money she makes at work and doesn't have to spend any of it. And then acting/directing can be very feast or famine, so post-Atlantis and Sanctuary, she'd probably be drawing more on her savings between jobs.

Grendelsbayne and Samurai8472 like this.
  7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek and Patrick Stewart are much higher profile than Stargate and Amanda Tapping.

FanST and Grendelsbayne like this.
  8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

and there's that distinguished honor

I just googled on a whim Gates Mcfadden net worth and that's rumored around 3 million. So how the heck is Amanda Tapping worth more than Gates?

Long story short/nipping it in the bud I wouldn't put much stake in those websites

9. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Patrick Stewart once said "I was only in four films before being cast in The Next Generation. Of course, three of those films were Excalibur, Lifeforce, and Dune." The applause was deafening.

10. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's not. Those types of sites are total nonsense.

11. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Amanda Tapping is mainly a director these days.

12. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

And supremely nice in person. One of my favorite interactions with actors/actresses to date.

FanST likes this.
  13. Happy Hopping

Happy Hopping Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if the 5 million isn't accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere around there. Yeah. she was in a lot of Stargate, but she was a supporting character, and came in as a relative unknown, so she probably didn't really make that much money working on it.
    She probably actually made more the 4 years she did Sanctuary than she did on Stargate, since she was the lead, an executive producer, and a regular director.
    A lot of people think all actors make a fortune, but most actors who do shows like the Stargates, probably don't make that much more than you would in good, higher level office job would.
    According to Indeed.com, the average pay for an actor in the US is only $29,000 a year and $31,860 if you're in LA, but it doesn't say what kind of actor, so the cast members of a popular TV show probably make a bit more than that.

15. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair, they may not make a lot in a show or movie itself, but in a genre like scifi, a lot of them can rack up a lot of extra income on the convention circuit.

No fanbase is more rabid than genre, whether it's scifi, fantasy, horror. Many people, including myself, relish in the opportunities in meeting actors from your favorite shows. (This is sort of a double edge sword for me, because I am a fan of SO MANY shows. It's why within the next few years I'll cross the 400 number in different actors/actresses I've met. It's not cheap... but those memories are priceless.)

Summer Solstice likes this.
  16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I get the impression that certain people don't understand what the "net" part of net worth means (hint: it doesn't mean "sum total of every pay check you've ever had".)

Also, any site claiming to know anyone's net worth that isn't either a) their personal accountant, or b) their tax collectors, is just making very broad and all but certainly incorrect guesstimates.

Also also; if one not either of the two parties I just mentioned, a person's net worth is none of your damn business.