Star Wars: Visions - Anime Anthology Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by JD, Jul 4, 2021.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, OK.

2. lightspeedbear

lightspeedbear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Given Lucasfilm's cherry-picking of Legends, I'd be amazed if they don't pull from some of the more popular Visions tales for future material.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of the stories is apparently set Post Episode 9

Turtletrekker likes this.
  4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. lightspeedbear

English dub:

Looks fun!

Turtletrekker and The Nth Doctor like this.
  6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Wow, that looks SO pretty! And appropriate, considering how much Lucas took from Samurai movies. :techman:

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, that's some gorgeous animation. I usually don't care for anime, but some of those look fascinating.

publiusr, Commander Troi and KennyB like this.
  8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's interesting that despite apparently having been giving WIDE latitude to tell whatever kind of Star Wars story they want, all but two of them it seems went for "Jedi and Sith and lightsabers! Raaaawww!".
    Not surprising, but still interesting. ;)

Commander Troi likes this.
  9. The Nth Doctor

We also have a thorough English cast list for each of the episodes:
    • “The Duel” — Animated by Kamikaze Douga, who also made the Batman Ninja movie. The voice cast includes: Brian Tee (Ronin), Lucy Liu (Bandit Leader), Jaden Waldman (Village Chief).
    • “Lop and Ochō” — Animated by Twin Engine’s Geno Studio. Voice cast: Anna Cathcart (Lop), Hiromi Dames (Ocho), Paul Nakauchi (Yasaburo), Kyle McCarley (Imperial Officer).
    • “Tatooine Rhapsody” — Animated by Twin Engine’s Studio Colorido, who also did the movie adaptation of Burn the Witch. Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Jay), Bobby Moynihan (Geezer), Temuera Morrison (Boba Fett), Shelby Young (K-344), Marc Thompson (Lan).
    • “The Twins” — Animated by TRIGGER, known for Tenga Toppen Gurren Laggen, Kill la Kill, Promare, and many other anime. The voice cast includes: Neil Patrick Harris (Karre), Alison Brie (Am), Jonathan Lipow (B-20N)
    • “The Elder” — Also by TRIGGER! The voice cast: David Harbour (Tajin), Jordan Fisher (Dan), James Hong (The Elder)
    • “The Village Bride” — Kinema Citrus. The voice cast includes: Karen Fukuhara (F), Nichole Sakura (Haru), Christopher Sean (Asu), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Valco), Andrew Kishino (Izuma), Stephanie Sheh (Saku).
    • “Akakiri” — Animated by Science Saru, who made the incredible Keep Your Hands of Eizouken! TV series. Voice cast: Henry Golding (Tsubaki), Jamie Chung (Misa), George Takei (Senshuu), Keone Young (Kamahachi), and Lorraine Toussaint (Masago).
    • “T0-B1” — Also by Science Saru. The cast includes Jaden Waldman (T0-B1) and Kyle Chandler (Mitaka).
    • “The Ninth Jedi” — By Production I.G, which has done Ghost in the Shell, Psycho Pass, Moriarty the Patriot, and so much more. The voice cast includes: Kimiko Glenn (Kara), Andrew Kishino (Juro), Simu Liu (Zhima), Masi Oka (Ethan), Greg Chun (Roden), Neil Kaplan (Narrator), Michael Sinterniklaas (Hen Jin).
    I'm so glad my ears didn't betray me and that I correctly heard both George Takei and Kimiko Glenn! Seeing this cast list heightens my interest in this series.

publiusr and Commander Troi like this.
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that is an interesting incredible cast.

11. lightspeedbear

Nice!

I know most of the online speculation seems to think the whole series will be released on day one but I really hope it'll be a weekly thing.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone who thinks this is going to be the whole season on one day clearly hasn't been paying attention. Disney+ only does weekly releases.

13. The Nth Doctor

According to this article on the official site, the entire anthology will be released on the same day.

14. lightspeedbear

15. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The astromech wearing the fukaamigasa is just so weirdly perfect...

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

This will be Star Wars at it’s most ethereal I hope.

Crewman6 and Commander Troi like this.
  18. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparently the 9 different stories are each in the 10-20 minute range. Total runtime over 2 hours and 20 minutes.

So blasting though all of them in one sitting might end up shortchanging some of them in your head. Might be a good idea to split them over 2-3 (or more) days.

Commander Troi and Crewman6 like this.
  19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Review Embargo is apparently lifted.

20. lightspeedbear

I'll probably watch three a night, seen a couple of reviews that recommend breaking them up rather than watch them all in one go.

Commander Troi and KennyB like this.