Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by MacLeod, Apr 12, 2019.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really.

Abrams, Chris Terrio, and Kathleen Kennedy heavily "workshopped" Palpatine's return with George Lucas himself in order to ensure that it was done in a way that made sense and was consistent with established Lore.

Also, there is no "planet Endor", because Endor is the name of the moon.

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't hear that in the panel yesterday. Got a source for that?

3. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Hey! The Falcon's dish on top is round again!

I wonder how many General Orders Palpatine recorded for later nefarious use? We all know #66. How will we hear the others? Is this how he returns?

4. Campe

Which, if I recall from the ROTJ novel suggests that there is no planet to go along with the moon of Endor. Which seems a little suspect to me. But whatever. Its science fantasy.

5. DigificWriter

Campe likes this.
  6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Someone should tell the Wookieepedia people.

7. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

Admiral Akbar: "You can see here the Death Star orbiting the forest Moon of Endor...."

Neil Armstrong: "You can see here the LEM orbiting the dirt Moon of Earth...."

So clearly, there is no "planet Earth".

8. DigificWriter

In Return of the Jedi itself, Vader specifically refers to the "forest moon" as Endor in conversation with Palpatine.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

And The Emperor also refers to it specifically as "the Endor moon".

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's even inconsistent in the script.

Qonundrum likes this.
  11. Campe

From the novel:

Weird, but okay.

12. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, he saved Luke, but the only way to fully redeem himself and balance the force was to kill Palpatine, which also benefitted the galaxy at large, so Vader's attack served more than one purpose to overall story.

Makes sense? That remains to be seen.

Who are you addressing, because I never mentioned Endor.

ichab and STEPhon IT like this.
  13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Star Wars has never been big on keeping it's astrophysical terms either accurate, or consistent what with it being a space fantasy fairy tale and all.

But fine, if we must explain every last single detail: perhaps the forest moon itself has no listed name, being so primitive and uninteresting that it was basically uncharted, though the gas giant (being bigger and easier to spot from a distance) was charted and thus named "Endor". Hell, maybe the gas giant has no name either and the whole system is just named "Endor" with it's various planets and moons just assigned generic astronav indexing numbers.
    Calling "The Forest Moon of Endor" just Endor could simply be in the interest of brevity, since in context it should be obvious when one is referring to the moon or it's primary. I mean you can't "land" on a gas giant, yes?

Qonundrum likes this.
  14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but how much proof of "real" can we take from a novelization that is different to the film in a bunch of ways? (And I think the later books have the planet existing anyway.) And you can see the planet Endor in the sky in the Ewok movies.

15. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great teaser... but is it too late to change the name of the film?
    :cool:

16. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain Captain

Found this on an automotive forum, not sure where it originated from. But I loved it.

[​IMG]

17. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Starts out with heavy breathing - that's a bit weird.

Cue token deep voice with token speech.

Where'd she get Luke's laser sword?

If the TIE Interceptor did a pew-pew at Rey, who is running in a very straight path and not bothering to zig-zag but it'd be hard to outrun a plasma bolt or whatever energy weapon the TIE would shoot... since it's half a year or so until it's shown in theaters, my guess is the TIE chasing her is incapable of firing its weapons for at least one of many possible reasons (previous space battle, planet atmosphere would fry if anyone goes pew pew, others)...

Cue effect from "The Matrix" - oh, let me guess - she's force mindfuzzing the pilot so he doesn't fire but just lets him aim for her? What's she going to do, commandeer the interceptor? Lame.

Knights of Ren, finally... and Ren doesn't have that stupid mask, which was ditched in TLJ.

Chewie with Lando! Allegedly he doesn't have a big part, said the entertainment media... as long as there's substance - that's all I care about. No pandering. But it's nice to see him back, regardless. Hope he's not misused, and I say that as a fan of Luke in TLJ being the inadvertent cause of Ren's rise.

BB8 has a little brother now? If it's true the other new release action figures have sold, BB8's little brother will surely turn things around.

I hope the Leia footage is used to good effect. Would be a stroke of genius if what was excised from "VII: A Rehashed Hope" is used cleverly.

Luke says token line about not being gone. Is he a force ghost or was there another trick up his sleeve?

That's a huge chunk of a death star laying against the mountain? Must be quite a distance away if it's that big.

Palpatine is back. Okay. Let's see him in action. And if he survived the fall, so should Han. So there. :p

"THE RISE OF SKYWALKER" - Is Luke's middle name "Jesus"?

I suspected Ren was trying to lure Rey by a bogus claim about her lineage, but that was low hanging fruit even in 2017. Who are her parents? How many years do epx VII-IX take place after VI? There could be some fun here... Obviously at least one Skywalker is thus responsible for creating her.

So I'm mixed. Will be seeing it, most of what's there doesn't say much but teases a lot. And of that, only the stupid Rey desert chase clip was cringe inducing. The rest hints and almost promises something different yet related (e.g. not a remake of ROTJ, I hope!)

18. Campe

Perhaps Anakin was not the one destined to truly bring balance to the Force. Wouldn't be the first time a prophecy was read incorrectly.

19. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm. Just saw the trailer. It gives me hope that this trilogy may be salvagable- I was encouraged.

Title: maybe a misdirect. Remember, it was the 'legend' of Luke they talked about in the last film.
    What if Rey took the Skywalker name just as a beacon of hope?
    Jakku, or Tatooine?
    The wreckage in the water looks like part of a Death Star hyperlaser dish. Endor?
    The beauty shot of the Falcon emerging from hyperspace was fucking tits. They just keep making that effect better and better.
    Lando!
    I guess if Yoda can be a Force ghost, Palps can too, eh? Argh.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't get the complaints that this movie will undo everything set up by 'The Last Jedi', isn't that what TLJ did to 'The Force Awakens'?

TFA's trailer started the same way.

Where is R2-D2? This character is getting completely gypped in this trilogy.

As for the Emperor. Lucas's original plan was to have the Emperor show up in episode 9 (before that got put into 6)).

Turtletrekker likes this.