star wars/star trek crossover cominig in 2016

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by han solo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

That would be....fascinating. :)

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Spock: You don't need to use those Jedi mind tricks.
    Jedi: We don't need to use those Jedi mind tricks.
    Spock: Now, behold the power of a Vulcan mind meld.
    (Jedi dies screaming.)

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno... I can imagine A LOT.

<----- probably more pleased than he should be that no one beat him to this follow up. :lol:

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Yes, congrats on that, you are truly Triumphant. ;)

5. martok2112

Triumphant...that sig of yours..... I love that song! :)

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A way around this is two have a third group with really outstanding tech. Any trek ship that gets slagged by a SW ship has to be weakened first, with the other ship getting new tech from the third group--and vice versa.

This way the arguments can continue.

Lots of plot points. The transporter and how to jam it...beaming light sabers out of the hands of sithlords, etc.

All of these are great looks. But the time for the cross over should have been the mid to late 1980s, so the original stars could interact. Luke Skywalker looking to Kirk as a surrogate father, Luke replacing David....you could do a lot with that.

If I had unlimited funds and could have directed a cross-over during that time period, I would have been fair to both worlds.

7. martok2112

Ultimately, in a SW/ST crossover, it would be a matter of the "good guys" (The Federation and The Alliance to Restore The Republic") against the "bad guys". (Generally, the overwhelming might of the Galactic Empire) assuming we stick with Rebellion Era for a basis in "goodguyship". Now, usually it's "the good guys always" win....unless one wants to repeat "The Empire Strikes Back", and have the bad guys largely win. (yeaaa). :)

In my own crossover project, "BattleSTAR Galactica WARS", the good guys are the Colonial Rag Tag Fleet led by the lone warship, Galactica, vs an Imperial Star Destroyer (ergo, the bad guys). It's more of a good guys/bad guys story than tech vs tech. But the good guys do take a bit of a thrashing. :). I need to finish this project.

No matter how it turns out, someone's gonna be pissed. Sad fact about combat-related crossovers.

8. Drekstar

Drekstar Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Interesting. I'm sure the Borg would like to eliminate people who use the Force. It may not compute to them. While the Ferengi make good Sith. hehe

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I can't remember the details, but there was a cross-over story about 15 years ago that had Vader pop through a wormhole (or something) in the Executor or the Death Star into the 24th century - they were chasing the Millennium Falcon. They encountered the Enterprise-D, talk and battle ensued, and the long and short of it was, Luke found Deanna Troi to be a latent force-user (and had a crush on her), the Enterprise-D was pulled into one of the bigger landing bays of the Death Star and was being disassembled, the Earth was blown up by the Death Star and Picard completely lost his shit because of it. I'm a bit toungue-in-cheek about it, but I remember being quite haunted by the story at the time, as it was fairly well written. It never got the finishing story that it was planning to have. That seems to be the norm with many cross over stories. There were a number of truly excellent such stories back then, my most favorites of which never got their endings.