Star Wars Rebels Season Four (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Stephen!, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can agree with all that. But this sounds more concrete than "Yeah, wouldn't that be cool to do someday."

I agree. I don't think there's anything more definite than "SOMETHING is up."

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

To me, there is a difference between a new power popping up and deus ex machina force stuff appearing that can do literally anything the writer needs them to do. Need to get the heroes a bit of an advantage over the bad guys? Here's a magic wolf that can teleport for vague reasons. That's a bit different then "Oh, Luke can call to leia telepathically" or "Vader can stop laser blasts with his hand".

Its not a huge deal in the end. I'm still planning to watch the rest of the season. It just bugs me. Its like midichlorians, except the opposite. Instead of making elements of the force too scientific, its too much fantasy even for SW.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It actually feels right in line with most fantasy and mythology I've studied, so I find myself being ok with it, for the most part.

4. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But not too far from "Ben can come back from the dead."

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Of course it is, because he is still working for Lucasfilm on the next animated show. So whatever possibilities he's got in mind are things that have a real chance of getting realized. But that doesn't mean he only has one possible path in mind, or that his ideas won't change in response to future circumstances.

After all, we've seen Filoni's plans for Ahsoka change before. He intended her to be involved in a big battle at Mandalore in The Clone Wars, but the show was cancelled before that story got made. It's still part of her canonical history, and it was flashed back to in her solo novel, but it was never actually shown, and instead Filoni had to jump forward two decades and pick her up much later in her life, because that was the option the show provided. Of course, this time there's no cancellation or change of ownership/network involved, so he'll probably have more control over what happens next, but he and his collaborators are still probably weighing multiple options for where to go next, and his vision for Ahsoka's or Sabine's or any other character's journey will no doubt be adapted to fit whatever show they end up doing.

6. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm seeing this level of the Force as been a mix of mythology and "significantly advanced science is like magic". There is the Force and then there are things beings built with the Force, in some case to use the Force for a purpose. A lot of these things seem to have been more or less abandoned by the Jedi Order during the Fall of the Republic. It could be that some of it is so old that the Jedi have forgotten about it save for legends. Or some masters, like Yoda, knew of these things, but also knew that such knowledge could be used against them, and kept these secrets. Or the Jedi only know a little about how these things work and use what they could (the various Force Projections we see in the Temple of Yoda and things like the visions in the Cave), and left the rest of it alone.

Some of those potential issues could be devastating to the galaxy as a whole. The Emperor might have a lot of foresight, but having access to a form of time travel would be horrific. However this does give writer a lot of room to maneuver should they design an Old Republic/Ancient Jedi verse Old Sith Empire type series. All these old Jedi and Sith temples seem to have Force based technologies that are more advanced than the "present day" technologies used by the Republic or Empire. Though some are only marginally more powerful, and some might be on a smaller scale that say the Death Star. Remember, something blew a huge chunk out of Concord Dawn in ages past, and some of those asteroid fields are more akin to planetary destruction debris fields.

Also aside from the two known films coming out, and the more than likely to happen animated series, there is also a live action series in the works. plus I think two other trilogies of films seem to also be in the works.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see why it would cause headaches. There's a thirty year period between ROTJ and TFA. The background events for TFA and the new trilogy, like the First Order becoming known to the New Republic, formation of the Resistance, Ben Solo's turn to the Dark Side and becoming Kylo Ren and all that only happened within five years or so prior to TFA, so that leaves twenty-five years or so that's essentially a blank canvas as far as Disney's canon material is concerned.

8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Such as during Revenge of the Sith:
    Anakin: I am more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him!
    Disembodied voice: Ahem
    *Anakin looks around*
    *Red lightsaber blade appears from out of nowhere, decapitating Anakin*

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It's been many, many years since I have attempted any kind of fan-fiction (longer than I've been in this forum, as the thought of posting in the fan-fiction forum here has never even occurred to me), but I have a first meeting and conversation between...

...Luke and Ahsoka rattling around in my head that just won't go away. I might have to write down just to get it out of my head and preserve it, even if I never share it. I "hear" them filling in their mutual gaps in knowledge about Anakin's (and Obi-Wan and Yoda) history from each other. I "hear" Luke learning Padme's name and history from Ahsoka. Maybe because it's a meeting that I want to see so much that my mind is filling in the blanks. To be honest, it's less a story and more just a conversation, but it's one that I really want to see happen!

10. Ithekro

How does one compare notes about dueling Darth Vader?

Turtletrekker likes this.
  11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Probably really old now, but I just didn't see Ben die. A lightsaber doesn't disintegrate people and there are no ashes to be seen. Even Vader appears to be surprised, stomping around on the cloths. Was it a force projection that part of the time and Ben hid away for some future purpose? Knowing his "death" would give Luke a push.

USS Firefly likes this.
  12. kirk55555

I'm on episode 11.

So, thrawn's minion is apparently the Predator. Aapparently, the show stole the name of an important character from Zahn's book for this Predator minion, specifically the name of the noghri that kills Thrawn in the end (but the Rebels character looks nothing like actual noghri). That's lame. Also, the magic wolves are really fucking annoying now. I had no clue what they fuck there agonizingly long screen time was about this episode, until at the very end Ezra says the jedi temple on Lothal is in danger, something which he seemed to have pulled out of his ass since the wolves really didn't communicate anything understandable.

Also, Kanan is dead. I wish it had been chopper, Zeb or Ezra, since Kanan I kind of sometimes kind of cared about as a character.

13. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Well, get ready for the long haul -- they're in all the episodes to the end, as I recall.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

As much as I was anticipating a series that directed followed up on the end of Rebels as the next series, I'm starting to find myself wanting an ancient Jedi vs Sith series more. We've gotten so many bits and pieces of Jedi and Sith history throughout The Clone Wars and Rebels, I'd love to see it a brought together into one story that gives everything it's full context.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Honestly I'd be very surprised if the next show follows directly on from the Rebels coda. It's pretty clearly meant to be a "and then they rode off into the sunset" type ending. For all we know, that was the last anyone saw of them and I'm OK with that.

16. kirk55555

Oh fuck. That's complete bullshit. Well, it looks like the fast forward button will be getting some use. Luckily, since they don't really speak and never communicate anything that makes sense, I will miss nothing by skimming over those scenes. Its like Pablo Hidalgo wanted to remind people of how bad Rebels was when it started, so he put in shitty magic wolves that are only useful because they're deus ex machina. I'm surprised they don't talk like Jar Jar.

17. Ithekro

Fur covered Force ghosts. Sort of.

Also, the Imperial factory. Its not part of the central complex is it?

So if the factory is intact and the Imperials gone. Could the Rebellion use a Starfighter production facility?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  18. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

The Noghri are real?!?

I thought they were a fictitious race from a fictitious galaxy far, far away!

Brefugee and fireproof78 like this.
  19. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

No that's what they want you to believe ;)

Campe likes this.
  20. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great band name!
    I think the (shitty) magic wolves are not ghosts exactly, maybe they are unknowingly interpreting the comic force through the spirits of the dead Jedi.