Star Wars Episode VIII Title reveal

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Romulan_spy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they'll have a rest before more "Saga" episodes. We also don't know where the next generation of Skywalkers will be coming from, since the only confirmed scion of Anakin's lineage we have currently is Ben/Kylo. I honestly wonder if maybe this trilogy needs to end with the Republic fractured beyond mending so that in spite of the First Order having fallen to the Resistance the ideal they were fighting for was lost anyways. It puts the Galaxy in a much more interesting place politically for future storytelling, and most importantly, war.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see them going a direction like that. They already wiped out most of the New Republic leadership in TFA, and they seem to be purposefully keeping the Resistance separate from the NR. I wouldn't be surprised if the NR was defeated somewhere in the story, with the Resistance as the only..... resistance..... to the First Order.
    That's not going to happen, they said when all of this started that the "Episodes" are the Skywalker family saga. The "Star Wars Story" movies are our chance to go outside of that.
    They could just age them up.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Or just not make the next trilogy about the next generation, but a continuation of the current one. Or of like what the old Legends EU novels were doing after the Battle of Endor.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If they really wanted to get crazy they could jump ahead a century after Episode IX. I doubt they will, though.

5. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Last Jedi is plural based on translations of the title in other languages. So this confirms that the title is referring to more than one Jedi. I am thinking it refers to Luke and Rey.

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think there's no debate on whether or not Rey is a Jedi. I mean, they went out of their way to show her prowess with the Force in TFA -- not to mention the name of the movie was "The Force Awakens [in Rey]"! The production staff can make vague statements and plausible denials all they want, but this is purely to mislead.

I don't think she's just Force sensitive. We saw such people in Rogue One, and they didn't have the power to wield the Force as did Rey.

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which begs the question: Is Rey "special" with the Force? Maybe Luke is her father which has made her super strong in the Force?

8. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe midichlorians are her father and her mother. :D

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I was rather optimistic that with the title of "The Force Awakens" we were going to see a new generation where force sensitivity wasn't so rare. Making Finn just naive and mentally unstable was disappointing.

10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

LucasFilm is saying that the new trilogy continues the Skywalker Saga.

We already have a villain descended from a Skywalker. I think Rey being related to Luke was be too obvious.