Star Trek Voyager Desktop Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Thomas Eugene, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Janeway has the most beautiful speeches … considering all shows in the world, I think. But it's definitely the case on Star Trek Voyager.
    So here's her touching speech at the end of ONE SMALL STEP:
    [​IMG]

2. catshadowsi8

catshadowsi8 Captain Captain

Actually colors but also the characters. B'Elanna on the left with Janeway on the right. Voyager center top, robot center bottom. I like symmetry.

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  3. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the uniform there too.

4. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Always loved this speech. And what Seven said afterwards. And Tom's smile of understanding after what Seven said.

5. Thomas Eugene

6. Thomas Eugene

7. Thomas Eugene

8. catshadowsi8

Disliked the episode Author Author but the wallpaper is very pretty.

9. Thomas Eugene

Thanks.
    Why did you dislike it? I thought it was very funny ...

10. catshadowsi8

After everything the crew did to give the doctor a sense of identity and inclusiveness, including making him a ECH, I felt it was very disrespectful to send a work like that back to earth where people would obviously believe the Voyager crew behaved like that. Just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

11. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahhh. Lieutenant Marseille..... Tom's alter ego. It was hiliarious to see how Tom was disgusted about himself....

12. Kilana2

..... as to Kashyk.... always hated this guy.....

13. Thomas Eugene

Yeah, I guess many people felt like that about it.

I'm not saying it didn't bother me at first. However, for me this is an episode that proves for the umpteenth time how close-knit the Voyager crew is and that this close relationship is mainly dependent on Janeway. After all, she was the one who started worrying about the Doctor's rights and decided to stand up for him. In my opinion she weighed up the consequences and ultimately found that Voyager's tarnished reputation was less of a problem than the Doctor's rights (and in this sense holographic rights in general).
    Absolutely. And I thought it was even funnier when B'Elanna realized what the Doctor had made Tommy into ... That smirk on her face gave all her opinion away ... :D
    And as for Tommy, he later took his revenge on the Doc ... We are lucky that he knows so much about holographic programming or else the Doctor might never have been confronted with what he had done to the Voyager crew.
    Of course, he was the enemy. Nevertheless, I think there was an undeniable chemistry between him and Janeway.
    I still think Janeway would have been best off with Jaffen from WORKFORCE.

Kilana2 likes this.
  14. Thomas Eugene

15. Kilana2

Tuvok is one of my favorite Trek characters ever. He was definitely underused, as it was discussed in another thread. And it continues to do so in the Titan novels where they introduced many new characters, and almost all of them have unpronouncable names!

As to Jaffen. It was crystal clear that Janeway would remain without parter during the journey home. Short romanes yes, but nothing serious. The responsibility for her crew was her top priority.

Refuge likes this.
  16. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The problem, in my opinion, is not so much that the Doctor is strongly persuaded that he is as aliving being as any living aboard but that Janeway and her senior crew strengthened him in this opinion, surely because they ended up believing themselves that the Doctor was ‎one of them, while the truth is very different. To believe in something does not make the thing exist insofar (here, the Doctor is "born" as a hologram and mobile ermitter or not, he will "die" as a hologram. His existence will be always linked to a ‎powerful generator and other equipment, which could be switched off at anytime). And as it always did in similar situations, sooner or later, and probably sooner than expected, the reality of his condition/existence will come back to haunt him (and indirectly to his supportive friends), once back to the reality. Earth (or whatever other planet/zone of the Federation) isn't Voyager, the crew isn't a representative a cross-section panel of the popluation living in the Federation. In short, there where his sentienty allows the Doctor to be considered as a full member of the crew (Voyager) and above all, as a "living being", the population of the Federation can still considered him as a common hologram only good to serve them and to obey to their orders, regardless his extended knowledge.

‎Added to this, I would repeat - as I had already done in the past - that, even IF, assuming that the Federal judge's positive opinion about the procedure of recognition of Holo people's rights was followed by his pers and the law got the agreement of the leader of the Federation, the holograms were freed, The Doctor wouldn't. Indeed, even if his existence is due to an active collaboration between Dr Lewis Zimmerman & Starfleet, the latter will assert his property because he was created in a military purposes (to equip the vessels with an emergency doctor to replace or help the current ship's doctor) and funded by Starfleet. Morever with his new knowledges ‎acquired throughout the 7 years spent on the ship (thanks to Janeway, Harry Kim & B'Elena Torres), he could become a danger for the both organizations (Federation & Starfleet) if he fell into enemy hands or decided to take advantage of his new autonomy (the Doctor showed us how independent and selfish he could be when he wanted). Never Starfleet (and/or the Federation) would risk their security for a hologram - as brillant as he is -, who would enjoy his new freedom and let me say that Janeway, even newly promoted Admiral, could not act in favor of the Doctor because this would go well beyond her responsibility and Starfleet would ‎remind her if necessary.

17. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My 2 favorite parts of that episode.

18. catshadowsi8

For me the arguement was resolved in Equinox. A flip of the switch and the doctor was more than happy to kill 7, a person he was friend, mentor and romantically interested in. Even when 7 begged him, he was unmoved.

Compare that to Chakotay in Nemesis. He was brainwashed, convinced he was fighting the good cause, but Tuvok could talk him out of it. Chakotay's internal dialog changed his actions, not the flip of a switch.

19. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're ABSOLUTELY right. The Doctor can be controlled by any external force, potentially dangerous, in transforming in a horrific psychopathic killer/executioner, no matter all what was done to avoid an alien ennemy to control his program make him turn against his friends.
    But I'd add too that the Doctor can be a danger for Janeway and her crew without being pushed by anyone (remember when he decided to introduce a weapon aboard just because he wanted to show empathy; when he sided others holograms under the pretext that he shared their will to freedom while instead, they wanted to attack anyone who wanted to prevent them to reach their goal, etc...).

20. catshadowsi8

In Renaissance Man he changed his holographic projectors to impersonate Janeway so well only Chakotay, her closest friend and confident, figured it out. Then the doctor overpowered him easily and locked him in a morgue vestibule! He did the same to Harry. Still impersonating various crew, he managed to eject the warp core and leave Voyager dead in the water, the entire time ignoring his own captain's orders. It's one thing to ignore orders if it puts the crew in danger and even then it's a hard call. He put the crew in danger by ignoring orders, the exact opposite.

His reasoning was also totally flawed. A ship can, and does, operate without it's Captain. That's what first and second officers are for!

That's one dangerous program that can be changed by anyone with some expertise. Not something I would want on my ship, thanks anyway.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018