Star Trek: The Seekers

I cannot say how thrilled I am with this news. Just what the TOS era needs imho !

Lets hope that some sort of loose continuity creeps across this and the other TOS novels in the future. Nothing like the 24th Century continuity (would it even be too much for the Enterprise to have the same heads of department/crew between books ?), but it's about time the 23rd Century books had a shared world.

Interesting choice to not have book titles, but also is cool to see it will have retro covers. I am excited for this :)

The biggest reason I love this, is that Vanguard gave me a new appreciation of the TOS era. However, I'm not a big fan of TOS novels set during the tv-show, since everything has to be back to status quo at the end. No matter how well written. With something like this, new characters and ships and locations, everything's unexpected. I love that!

my response was basically: kl;jdginrty jsje rtgfokds.

and then...

893315_10151825715249810_101144621_o.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Vanguard was the best treklit of the past decade, and now we're getting the next best thing! I cannot be anticipating these books anymore than I am at this moment.

This looks and sounds great! I love the retro approach, I love that we'll start to get some sort of TOS movie era ongoing continuity, and I'm thrilled to see Rob's concept (which I did a feature on, on my blog a while back) becoming actual real books!

That mock-up cover literally brought a tear to my eye. I have never had a book cover do that to me before.

:techman:Great news! It's nice to have another new Startrek book series take place in the Tos era.

I love that we'll start to get some sort of TOS movie era ongoing continuity...

Well, we already have one of sorts, encompassing my Ex Machina, The Darkness Drops Again, and Forgotten History. And I'm hoping Seekers might tie into some elements of that -- I'm available to Dave, Dayton, and Kevin for consultation if they're interested. (Sounds like they're mainly filling in the gap before TMP, though.)

Back