Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Maui and Varian Fry are still available. I'm starting to suspect they have more than just 200 or 300 of them.
I thought they said it was more like 500 for Maui and 1000 for Varian Fry, they obviously had way more of the latter since it was limited to two per customer, not one.

I broke down and picked up the XL DS9 today, as I decided the original Special release wasn't cutting it for me, I also got a Varian Fry since I wanted to have a different colored one and it was in PIC.

With the exception of Conestoga and Dresselhaus (if it actually shows up), I'm pretty much done now.

Three days ago they said 239 Maui and 302 Varian Fry: https://nitter.net/MasterReplicas_/status/1709108215181365657#m

Anyway, I also picked up a Varian Fry.
Ahh, I stand corrected.

Is this the first time they’ve been listed? I’ve noted in the past that sometimes the second listing lasts quite a while, which leads me to think that with the exception of the XL Enterprises most of these ships seem to have interest that tops out around 500 units.

Did any of you by any chance order the Nog a couple of months ago? I ordered it together with the Cerritos, but haven't received anything so far. I inquired about it via mail and they told me “there were a lot of damaged USS Nog's so we had to source replacements” and that they “are hoping to get your order out to you very shortly”. Well, that was over two weeks ago and still nothing, so I'm curious if there are others waiting for the same thing.

Did any of you by any chance order the Nog a couple of months ago? I ordered it together with the Cerritos, but haven't received anything so far. I inquired about it via mail and they told me “there were a lot of damaged USS Nog's so we had to source replacements” and that they “are hoping to get your order out to you very shortly”. Well, that was over two weeks ago and still nothing, so I'm curious if there are others waiting for the same thing.
I ordered a Nog as part of their first drop back in March and it was sent immediately, presumably this was a more recent drop? Something I find a bit annoying is that they used to only list stuff they had in hand, now they’re trying to guess what’s arriving and frequently getting it wrong.

That they’ve been doing multiple drops a week, selling stuff that they don’t expect to have in stock for weeks and aren’t taking a break to catch up with the shipping backlog has me a little concerned that they need constant infusions of cash to stay above water.

The shipping has been very slow. I think a few months ago they mentioned a whole lot of staff just didn’t show up one day. The order I placed a few weeks ago just shipped yesterday and should still take about a week to get here.

They are also doing a kinda weird thing where they sell the items (like the E-F) but tell you it won’t ship until a certain date. Almost like a pre-order without calling it a pre order.

They are also doing a kinda weird thing where they sell the items (like the E-F) but tell you it won’t ship until a certain date. Almost like a pre-order without calling it a pre order.
Yeah, I think they said nothing in today’s drop would ship before the 23rd or something like that.

Yeah, I think the E-Fs are supposed to finally start shipping on the 12th.

it feels like they are in a rush to sell things to pay the bills. Why else sell these as if they are ready to go, when you still have to wait for them to get to their main warehouse from all the others around the world.

I broke down and picked up the XL DS9 today, as I decided the original Special release wasn't cutting it for me

I'm not sure if the one I have is the XL or not, but since it actually comes with a stand, I lean towards, yes, it is an XL. I'm really happy with it.

I'm not sure if the one I have is the XL or not, but since it actually comes with a stand, I lean towards, yes, it is an XL. I'm really happy with it.

Yeah, the XL has a stand. The original DS9 model did not and just rests on its pylons.

Ok, so MR revealed the signature series. It’s 3 ships that come with a small signed plaque.

Gold TOS Enterprise “signed” by Shatner
DS9 “signed” by Nana Visitor
1701-D “signed” by Andrew Probert

Wednesdays drop…

Dedication Plaque U.S.S. Defiant NCC-74205
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
Type-9 Shuttle (Cochrane)
Shuttle Set 7: Enterprise-D Captain’s Yacht, Docking Shuttle, Cyrano Jones’ Spacematic, Type 9A
XL: Delta Flyer
XL: U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1031 (Crossfield Class)
XL: Romulan Warbird
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D
U.S.S. Newton NCC-1727 KELVIN TIMELINE
Klingon D4 battle cruiser (John Eaves concept)
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Kelvin Timeline)
XL: U.S.S. Equinox (Nova Class)
XL Nebula Class (U.S.S. Bonchune)
XL: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
XL: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B
U.S.S. Varian Fry
Borg Cube
XL: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Kelvin Timeline)

That they still have Maui and Varian Fry in stock makes me even more annoyed at that Pralor ship randomized draw. That whole thing was an exercise to put money in scalper pockets.

I’m more surprised they don’t randomize draw everything, that’s obviously the only way to create demand for some of these ships.

Ok, so MR revealed the signature series. It’s 3 ships that come with a small signed plaque.

Gold TOS Enterprise “signed” by Shatner
DS9 “signed” by Nana Visitor
1701-D “signed” by Andrew Probert

Good job they mentioned this two days after I bought a regular XL Enterprise-D and XL Deep Space 9... :rolleyes:

Just ordered my first GamePrint ships, and after looking at so many different variants and eras to pick my final selection, I mixed up my Enterprises and typed -J when I ordered the -F. Let's hope support sees my email and changes it before it's made :D

Colin Merry posted in the Facebook group:
Heathside Trading (owners of Master Replicas) have acquired Qmx!

https://toyworldmag.co.uk/heathside-trading-acquires-quantum-mechanix-inc/

What does that mean for us?
Adam Hart-Doyle explains: “Amazing news. Qmx acquired the rights to make new Eaglemoss Hero Collector ships in March 2023, so now Master Replicas will have the rights to continue the range alongside Stargate and The Expanse.”

Izo Iscariot replies that Adam is mixing up Fanhome with QMx.

Last edited:
Back