Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Anyone else have Book's ship? Does it not have a window for the cockpit/bridge/command deck area? Mine just has an open space, but it doesn't look like there's a separate piece in the box. Wondering if this is by design or if mine's defective.
This is by design. I've seen a mod online where somebody reworked a plastic bottle into a window for this ship (for sake of ease, I call it the Shelf). EDIT: Hmm, found a mod but no explanation on how it was made.
custom.jpg

On a separate note, anyone here used GamePrint to print STO- and general ST ships?
It ends on 31 October 2023. There are a number of canon ships Eaglemoss never got around to produce that are available only through GamePrint. On top of my head:
1. Star-jelly, saucer mode (TNG "Encounter at Farpoint")
2. Nihydron destroyer and
3. Zahl cruiser (VOY "Year of Hell")
4. Benthan cruiser (VOY "Visa")
5. Alita class (PIC S3)
6. Sagan class (PIC S2)
7. Farragut class (SNW S1)
8. Sutherland class (PIC S2)
9. Reliant class (PIC S2)
10. Hirogen Venatic class (VOY "Flesh and Blood")
11. Brown Romulan Mogai class (TNG "Nemesis")
12. Elachi Qulash class (PIC S3)
13. Miranda class with lit nacelles (LD, Mariner's cardio)
Edited to add:
14. Mirror Warship Defiant NCC-1764 (DSC S1)
15. Romulan D7 class (TAS/TOS-R, bird decal)
16. Mirror Crossfield class (DSC S1)
17. Suliban stealth cruiser (ENT S3)
18. Klingon Sech class (DSC S1)
19. Hazari destroyer/Rigelian scout ship (VOY/ENT)

Last edited:
I justify that error because I believe Book’s ship is supposed to have a forcefield and not a physical window.

On a separate now, anyone here used GamePrint to print STO- and general ST ships?
It ends on 31 October 2023.
That’s too bad, I guess I better get around to ordering the last couple I wanted to get.

While usually 'the business case for this program no longer makes sense' would mean that Cryptic aren't making enough money from the service, I can't help but wonder if they're changing something that breaks the link, and that nobody knows how to fix it. It wouldn't be the first time for STO...

(Fortunately, my main STO ship is just a Future Enterprise and Eaglemoss have provided for me quite well in that regard.)

While usually 'the business case for this program no longer makes sense' would mean that Cryptic aren't making enough money from the service, I can't help but wonder if they're changing something that breaks the link, and that nobody knows how to fix it. It wouldn't be the first time for STO...

The STO community manager said last year that they don't make a lot of money off it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/vtn3rc/ten_forward_weekly_7722/

"Not a lot of people have bought 3D printed ships, and it was a lot of work to get it done, but the return was probably not worth the investment. Kael doesn't think they will put in the time to get the same done for 3D printed captains. Same is true of Eaglemoss ships, which is why Eaglemoss stopped putting out STO ships."

The fact it lasted as long as it did is impressive IMO.

I really liked the look of the gold half-models mounted to wooden plaques GamePrint made for about ten minutes, but apparently no one else did enough to actually buy them and they vanished as quickly as they appeared. It's a straightforward enough build, it shouldn't be hard to make something similar if I really wanted to.

It's always funny to me that Eaglemoss never did the Sech-class, considering it had a way more prominent role in an episode than half of the ones they did do. Particularly when it was a much better looking design than say the Batlh-class or DaSpu-class (which looks like a Borg turd).

Phase 2 Enterprise went fast. Got sniped outta my cart.

oh well, disappointed but not heartbroken.
It would be nice if they didn’t relist stuff that was already in stock so you didn’t have to waste time scrolling through it.

I managed to snag Shuttle set 5, which also went pretty fast. I also got to use my “sorry you weren’t chosen for a Pralor” discount code.

It would be nice if they didn’t relist stuff that was already in stock so you didn’t have to waste time scrolling through it.

I managed to snag Shuttle set 5, which also went pretty fast. I also got to use my “sorry you weren’t chosen for a Pralor” discount code.

What I hate is that they are slow in loading the page so it’s a trickle of a few ships right at drop time, that a few seconds later more, etc…so even after the drop time you still have to refresh a few times before everything shows up.

This is by design. I've seen a mod online where somebody reworked a plastic bottle into a window for this ship (for sake of ease, I call it the Shelf). EDIT: Hmm, found a mod but no explanation on how it was made.
View attachment 36708

Thank you!

I justify that error because I believe Book’s ship is supposed to have a forcefield and not a physical window.

Yeah, that works.

On a separate note, anyone here used GamePrint to print STO- and general ST ships?

Because it's ending I just ordered a five-inch Excelsior-II, my favourite ship class to have debuted in Picard. My first and last GamePrint purchase.

What I hate is that they are slow in loading the page so it’s a trickle of a few ships right at drop time, that a few seconds later more, etc…so even after the drop time you still have to refresh a few times before everything shows up.
Yeah, that's annoying too, I feel like it didn't used to do that early on, but maybe that was because they were only adding 10-15 ships for a drop, instead of 30-40.
Because it's ending I just ordered a five-inch Excelsior-II, my favourite ship class to have debuted in Picard. My first and last GamePrint purchase.
The five inchers are the way to go, they fit in pretty well with the regular Eaglemoss releases. I always wondered how the larger ones would turn out, but the doubling in price never seemed worth it.

The five inchers are the way to go, they fit in pretty well with the regular Eaglemoss releases. I always wondered how the larger ones would turn out, but the doubling in price never seemed worth it.

That's what I was thinking! Having just finally received my XL Excelsior from Master Replicas I was tempted to go for a larger one to match, but yikes they get expensive.

I got a five-inch Excelsior II as well. Like with Eaglemoss models, long and narrow ships come out on the smaller side compared to “regular” models. If you haven’t got a stand, be mindful how you store it longtime - the material bends as gravity dictates.

I got a five-inch Excelsior II as well. Like with Eaglemoss models, long and narrow ships come out on the smaller side compared to “regular” models. If you haven’t got a stand, be mindful how you store it longtime - the material bends as gravity dictates.

What's the best stand solution? I was kind of hoping they'd include one...

Back