Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

looks like if you catch them at the right time they will answer questions in replies to the original tweets. They mention XL Voyager and XL DS9 are both coming in the next few weeks too.

Markonian, saddestmoon and drt like this.
  2. Captain B.84

Captain B.84 Ensign Red Shirt

Those that are fans of this, have the means, and don't have the creative ability of modeling will probably have backed the TOMY crowdfunding of the original Enterprise last fall.

I would keep an eye out for the announcement of another Star Trek ship this summer... hopefully, Trek fans back it and vote with their wallet.

publiusr and mindx2 like this.
  3. Paul755

Just got the email. The full Trek list for Friday.

STAR TREK SPACE STATIONS

Ty’Gokor Orbital Station

STAR TREK Starships Regular Size

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-J
    U.S.S. Titan (bonus issue)
    Springfield class (U.S.S. Chekov)
    Matt Jefferies’ Phase II Shuttle concept
    ECS Horizon
    OV-165
    Cardassian Keldon class
    Gomtuu
    Nomad
    Suliban cell ship
    Vidiian Warship

STAR TREK DISCOVERY

U.S.S. Buran (DISCOVERY)
    Landing Pod (U.S.S. Discovery)

STAR TREK XLs

La Sirena
    Nebula Class (U.S.S. Bonchune)
    Oberth Class (U.S.S. Pegasus)
    U.S.S. Equinox (Nova Class)
    U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E
    U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
    Romulan Warbird

nothing really sparks my interest. MAYBE the Enterprise J…maybe. But it’s probably gonna be a pass.

4. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely going for Ty'Gokor and OV-165.

5. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

All of those, all at ONCE?

Are those the Hawking and the Yacht from the abortive Build Your D collection?

6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I'll shoot for the Ty’Gokor Orbital Station and the Phase II shuttlecraft, but if I miss out i won't be bummed.

That's what I was thinking, they're packaged in window boxes so fit in with the newer Eaglemoss releases, but maybe the resumption of the kit won't include them as bonuses any longer, since I bet they were manufactured with the EM ships/shuttles and not the 1701-D kit parts.

Markonian likes this.
  7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

OV-165 is nice, and showed up in PIC after previously only appearing in the ENT intro. It'll be a highlight in the history of spaceflight display I wanna make one day :D

D or E yacht?

8. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Unreleased would mean D, because the Sovereign-class yacht was freely available.

9. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me want a Caretaker Array....Finally got the Stargazer, took about 7 days longer than the original estimate once it hit US shores. But better late than never.

Anyone remember what the larger shuttles where that were made for the Build your own Enterprise?

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  10. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From my only experience with them and Master Replica. Out for Deliver was posted originally when it was delivered to whatI assume was the partner transporting it across the Atlantic. About 7 days later got a confirmation of it hitting a US address on the East coast and another week for it to cross the US to get to my location....

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  11. Paul755

Yeah, the latest tracking on my last order says it cleared customs at JFK yesterday morning. So hopefully that means it gets here by Thursday or Friday.

12. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I don’t care for the Whistl shipping, Royal Mail and the other company they used had much better tracking details.

13. Paul755

The whistl shipping site kinda stinks for tracking. The exelot at least gives a bit more detail.

14. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Yeah, "In Transit" or "At Depot" isn't particularly helpful, guys...

15. t_smitts

Yeah, I haven't gotten that much from them in the past four days. Maybe smaller orders use a different shipping company. I saw a few people on Facebook today showing off their NX-01 refits, which they presumably bought around the same time I did.

If nothing arrives tomorrow, I'm probably looking at Tuesday, at the earliest, because Monday's a holiday in Canada.

16. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I haven't even received a shipping notification for my May 5th order.

Not sure if there's a problem or if it'll just show up one day. I don't entirely trust MR, I'll be glad to be done with them in the next month or so once the last couple of holes in the collection are filled.

17. Paul755

yeah, my latest order said “at depot” for 3 days. Finally changed this evening to “at regional facility”. So I’m guessing that means it’s in-state now. Maybe. Who knows.

18. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Finally got a shipping notice for my most recent order, it's missing an item, unclear if that will be shipped later or if I'm shit outta luck. They didn't credit or refund me the missing item, so maybe it's still coming, but based on other folks' posts, I sort of doubt it, once they have your money they don't give it back.

19. Paul755

Ha, the tracking updated first thing this morning. My order containing the Ringship and Excelsior is out for delivery. So it will arrive exactly 2 weeks after order.

not terrible all things considered. I just wish the tracker would provide better info.

drt likes this.
  20. t_smitts

Still waiting on mine.

Regarding today's order, they must've had a REALLY low stock on the OV-165, cause it was gone by the time I went to check out. On the plus side, the Ty'Gokor station went through.

Maybe I'll have better luck with the other one on eBay, but it won't be cheap.