Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I had forgotten about the Medusan thing in the FASA manual; while I like Cetacean Ops (particularly in LD, lol) I think the Medusan idea is probably better.

publiusr likes this.
  2. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That kind of inflation, that sounds like actual Vancouver Residential Real Estate pricing.

publiusr and 137th Gebirg like this.
  3. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

From Ben Robinson's Twitter:

drt, saddestmoon and David cgc like this.
  4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Wasn’t Master Replicas having problems of their own? Lost their Trek license to QMX or something like that? How could they sell officially licensed Trek merchandise without a license?

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I looked up Master Replicas on Memory Alpha because I couldn't remember why that name was familiar. Master Replicas merged with Corgi back in 2006, and was apparently used as a sub-brand up until, as you recall, the license for big-ass pre-made expensive Trek ship models went to QMX in 2008 or 2009 (each article gives a different year, so that's fun).

The logo on the new website is similar to the one of the old Master Replicas on MA. I did a WHOIS check on the website, but it was registered privately, so it's hard to tell what relationship this incarnation of Master Replicas has with the old one. It's possible it's a new company that bought the old name, or Corgi is reviving the brand for selling Eaglemoss stock (and, hopefully, picking up where they left off).

drt and 137th Gebirg like this.
  6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Corgi would be a good replacement.

I have a Corgi TOS Enterprise from maybe 20 years ago that’s nicer quality than Eaglemoss. I guess the downside is I doubt they’ll do every single ship, which at this point is probably OK with me, pretty much don’t have the space to store a zillion more ships, lol.

publiusr likes this.
  7. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

I think at this point get the hero ships (and in the case of DS9 ship and station) and the main “enemy” ships like the Romulan Warbird, Klingon Bird of Prey, etc… and then worry about the ancillary stuff like Runabouts, Orion Pirate ships, Xindi Insectoids, etc…

8. 137th Gebirg

One of the greatest selling points of the original run of ships was that it was the only way we were ever going to see the more obscure background designs that appeared as nothing more than a 3-pixel blur on an old NTSC screen back in the 90’s. Anyone can make “hero” ships (and pretty much everyone has) - I want to see the rare and ugly background ships - warts and all.

9. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

So this got posted on the Facebook group the other day, either Corgi have picked up the Eaglemoss license and back catalogue, or they're gonna start from scratch. I hope it's the former:

Corgi.ad.1.jpg

10. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

A lot of Voyager ships I would question that anyone would want them all, but I was surprised we didn't get the Mawasi and Nihydron ships.

Markonian likes this.
  11. Paul755

I’m still surprised we never got the “at warp” and “landed” versions of Voyager. Especially when we got all three versions of the Klingon Bird of Prey.

Markonian, Kirby, drt and 2 others like this.
  12. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

My personal wish list for years had a "Year of Hell" Voyager at the top. A pivoting nacelles voyager was always welcome too.

13. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And double especially that we got "Living Witness" warship Voyager and "Endgame" anti-Borg ablative armour Voyager, the combined screen time for which must be all of ten minutes.

Markonian likes this.
  14. Paul755

The “at warp” version is such an easy repaint/mold adjustment it’s strange that it never happened.

Markonian and Macintosh like this.
  15. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Glad to hear Corgi are back!

Personally, I love for them to re-release their Enteprise 170-D again, as well as make the following new ships:

Anything Kelvinverse
    Enterprise 1701 (Refit) - TMP
    USS Discovery
    Enterprise 1701-C

Markonian, publiusr and 137th Gebirg like this.
  16. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Voyager, Defiant, and Nova with landing legs would be great

saddestmoon likes this.
  17. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

TrekMovie posted an article with some updates from Ben Robinson. It's pretty much just collation and confirmation of what we've found out already in this thread; the Enterprise-D model is being continued, and the Master Replicas brand is being revived as a storefront to sell off the remaining stock of individual models. No decision has been made about anyone taking over Eaglemoss's licenses and producing new models, but it's a possibility, and Robinson thinks it's fairly likely to happen eventually because of the popularity of the line.

Markonian, dantini and 137th Gebirg like this.
  18. 137th Gebirg

I wouldn’t mind if Master Replicas went back into business to continue doing the ships line permanently. I have a respectable number of their .45 scale lightsabers in my collection and they really are beautifully made. If they do wind up making new stuff, the quality is likely to be better than Eaglemoss. The window paint might actually match up with the molded surface details finally. :D

drt, dantini and ialfan like this.
  19. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Ok, so with regard to the Starship line, that interview has conflicting details with regard to some of the recent news. Heathside has nothing to do with Corgi, they're just a stock closeout distributor. @David cgc pointed out above that Master Replicas was owned by Corgi, so it seems unlikely that Heathside would sell under that brand name - also closeout distributors usually don't go to the expense of setting up new brands, etc., their goal would be to buy remainder stock as cheaply as possible and then just sell it off.

I sort of wonder if TrekMovie is confusing a bunch of details in this article. According to the bankruptcy paperwork, Heathside did buy Eaglemoss' calendar stock months ago, but weren't interested in the Starships at the time, so either that changed or folks mistakenly believe the calendar transaction included the ships.

We know that Corgi now has a license, what we don't know is if they have anything to do with old stock or if they're just going to make new ships going forward (maybe under the Master Replicas brand?).

saddestmoon likes this.
  20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw this on facebook, some people got this in their E-mail
    [​IMG]