Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Commodore Commodore

GamePrint emailed those who have placed orders that they cannot produce the Janeway class.

That means Eaglemoss is the only way (other than DIY) to get a model of the 32nd century Intrepid class.

2. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eaglemoss US has a sale for the next two days (23 hours left) for their top shelf items. 20% off using code QUEST. Things that it works on are clearly marked on the web site (something that is nice), most XL, Shuttle sets, shop exclusives, ect. Not for most of the standard line (but some). There is also another sale active with prices marked in red, that don't require a code, the 20% off items have a red box with info and how much longer they are on sale below each items picture for those that qualify.

And some items have both, and its 20% of the other sale price (at least on the three items I ordered that were also reduced.

Markonian likes this.
  3. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Question for anyone who has Spacedock... does the magazine provide any in-universe info/stats on the "upscaling" to the TNG size for Starbase 74, etc?

4. Markonian

Now I’m curious too. Sorry, I don’t have it handy.

But if it helps, this video review goes over the mag page by page:

publiusr likes this.
  5. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven’t had the heart to check
    Maybe 2nd&Charles?

Markonian likes this.
  6. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When I was in the store last week, doing the trade I mentioned earlier, I noticed the Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship in stock, and I knew I'd be taking it home soon. Well, I picked it up yesterday. It's been a while since I got a ship with that low a number (#22) in the series. In fact, in retrospect, it's remarkable that an alien ship of the week like this was made so early in the run of the series, being released before more notable ships like the Delta Flyer, the runabout and no less than five different Enterprises (and coming just after a sixth).

They did a really good job on it, right down to the creative design for the stand. A youtuber said it reminded them a bit of the Vorlon ship from "Babylon 5", but I think the weapon ship reminds me more of Babylon 5 itself. Not much else to say.

Markonian likes this.
  7. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

It might be Babylon itself, it’s mesh altered. Digital Foundry moved over. I think the Xindi Aquatic ship is the white star mesh with some adjustments.

publiusr likes this.
  8. Markonian

137th Gebirg likes this.
  9. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

If they do, can they do the new Reliant Advanced Light Cruiser from STO too?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/s...10502913-advanced-light-cruiser-bundle-stats!

publiusr and Markonian like this.
  10. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

STO Enterprise F-Yorktown refit up for preorder on the US site.

C.E. Evans likes this.
  11. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Markonian likes this.
  12. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

IIRC, the only time that kind of nacelle was lit up red in the front bussards, was with the Hathaway in “Peak Performance”. Those 23rd century-style nacelles really aren’t supposed to light up in that way.

13. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Hathaway didn't have red bussards either

14. 137th Gebirg

The matter acquisition sinks were painted red on the model. They just weren’t glowing that brightly. The intent was clear.

15. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Spotted the E-D was back in stock as a box version, so nabbed that, the Nebula (likewise) and the standard size DS9 to make up to free delivery. The Nebula's nacelles are a bit splayed outwards but not badly enough to warrant a return. DS9 is a decent size even at this scale, though might miffed it has no stand.

Markonian likes this.
  16. 137th Gebirg

If anyone in the US has been waiting on new models for the past couple of months (like me - specifically the new Picard & STU subscription), I just called to find out what was happening and apparently they’re “moving to a new warehouse”. No other elaboration given. I got an email back in March 3 saying they were shipping La Serena, but was apparently sent in error, as the shipment was never actually sent. The operator almost gave a hint of disbelief that I ever received the email, which I found vexing, as I was looking right at it when I called. So, COVID + warehouse switch = all kinds of fucked up shit. :(

17. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last STSS shipment in January which is the only one since September. Discovery I think I got one in March. I’m still missing multiple issues from both.

I signed up for the Universe subscription too and have only received my initial preorder confirmation email.

Based on the last 8 years of this, did we really expect anything different though ?

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. 137th Gebirg

:lol: Not really. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

19. Markonian

Speaking of long waits, according to Memory Alpha it’s been over a year now (since March 2020) that a Bonus issue has been released.

I’m still hoping we get the Emmett Till and Romulan “vertibird”.

DS9forever, 137th Gebirg and dantini like this.
  20. dantini

dantini Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If the "The Cage" Enterprise is any indication, the vertical warbird will be the same as the old one, just with a new stand that holds it vertically :lol:

Markonian, publiusr and 137th Gebirg like this.