Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Or immersed in a plastic oval

3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hear what you're saying. It's just hard to ignore all the indication that they do number ships sequentially.

-You have Galaxy class ships like the Galaxy, Yamato, and Odyssey, presumably commissioned, as the Enterprise-D was, shortly before the start of TNG with numbers in the 70XXX to 71XXX range.
    -You have the Sutherland, launched in the late 4th or early 5th season of TNG, and the first batch of runabouts, presumably built shortly before the start of DS9, all with numbers in the 72XXX range.
    -You have the Defiant and Voyager, both commissioned near the end of TNG or just after, with numbers in the 74XXX range.
    -You have Data's scoutship from "Insurrection" and the Sao Paolo, both in service in DS9's 7th season, with numbers in the 75XXX range.

And there's the fact that you have 22nd century ships like the Essex with numbers in the low hundreds, and only get to four figures in the 23rd century.

Regarding the NCC-42 registry, I chalk that up to a split-second gag on the part of the Okudas that they never intended to the viewers to see. Regarding the Melbourne, it's debatable whether or not more than one ship is canon. Regarding the Dauntless' number, we don't actually know what the first Federation Starfleet ships were. There could've indeed been a historical Dauntless with a number of NX-01 or NCC-01. Regarding the Constellation, while I admit it would've simplified things if they'd rearraged the numbers to be NCC-1710 instead, we don't know that there were other Connies in the intervening number range.

Admittedly, this assumption's not perfect. I wish the ships we saw in "First Contact" had higher numbers, since they look newer than, say, a Galaxy. I also wish the Valiant had been given a bit higher of a number, since I assumed it was only after the Defiant had proven itself at DS9 that they started building more of the class.

Dukhat and Markonian like this.
  4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't suppose anyone has heard word about the Emmett Till lately? I think I'd like to have one, but I wonder if it will quietly slip off the radar with all the new "real" material coming out.

DS9forever likes this.
  5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Is that the one mentioned in the DS9 Documentary a while back? If so, I'd say that's unlikely to be made.

6. Tomalak

I'm sure it was announced as being in the pipeline.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they said they were looking into it?

8. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/11/hero-collector-eaglemoss-star-trek-books-ben-robinson/

Which ones do you think he's talking about? The Raging Queen is the only one I can think of, unless he also means auxiliary vessels (SC-4 shuttle, Nemesis work bee, Inspection Pod, several escape pods) or refits (Sovereign and Ambassador class).
    Oh, and as for Klingon ships... the deuterium tanker from ENT is still missing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Markonian likes this.
  9. Tomalak

Did they do the Planet of the Titans Enterprise? It does appear in TSFS if you look very closely. And the other concept model is in the Qualor scrap yard in Unification.

dantini likes this.
  10. Cradok

Cradok Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still want a NCC-7100.

dantini likes this.
  11. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I got the Klingon deuterium tanker printed via STO. It’s be great to have it from Eaglemoss, too.

Remaining canon Starfleet ships include USS Elkins, the fleet from the movie Star Trek, and the Enterprise-A (and USS Salcombe) from Beyond.

saddestmoon and dantini like this.
  12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The Elkins was never seen on screen. But the Raging Queen was, so that’s the one DS9 kitbash that’s missing (from the Prime universe, that is), along with the Planet of the Titans study models.

There’s also the *cough cough* Millennium Falcon in FC :D

13. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’m still desperately holding onto hope that EM will produce the Beyond Ent-A...

It’s glaringly absent from the line, and is still top of my want-list.

14. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...

Please please PLEASE do. Year of Hell Voyager!!! I'd also except a voyager model with pivotable nacelles

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Just get a regular one and take a plasma torch to it. :devil:

CommanderTrip and Tuskin38 like this.
  16. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

The Bajoran ship has to be one of them, hopefully.

17. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

Gave it a shot. Ended up with a "course oblivion" Voyager :D

Eaglemoss. I know you can do better than I could! I did attempt a battle damage variant years ago with an extra playmayes ent d. Took a sharpie and then took a torch and melted the plastic a bit. The results weren't half bad. I'd love a YOH with actual interior bits showing. (Never going to happen, I know, but I can dream!)

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was very happy to get Regular 1 in the mail today. It’s a bit on the small size for a special, but still better then one not getting released.

DS9forever, saddestmoon and Markonian like this.
  19. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Maybe you only got the regular Regula?

Tomalak and Mike McDevitt like this.
  20. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I always like supporting the releases of the space station models.

Has anyone ever asked if a model of Vanguard station is a possibility? The design became canon in TOS -R: "The Ultimate Computer" .
    [​IMG]