Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't agree.

Because it's complete speculation.

Tosk likes this.
  2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

DS9forever likes this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

publiusr likes this.
  4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yes, the nacelles look like Sovereign nacelles turned on their side. The rest of the ship’s silhouette matches the Emmett Till perfectly.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It also lacks the cutout at the front of the saucer.

6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I can see what looks like a flatter front of the saucer in the ibn Majid’s silhouette. Granted the silhouette isn’t the clearest in the world. Perhaps we’ll see a better view of it in a prop article on Trekcore.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I'm half wondering with Eaglemoss stopping the Disco collection at #33 if I'm ever going to get the 6-7 issues they never sent.

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I'm still waiting for the workpod. :(

9. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I get the last three Main Line collection ships tomorrow. Still waiting for the three ships never sent to my retailer. Only one is available on the site right now, and the other two... vaporware, as far as I am concerned. Available nowhere.

10. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

I'm just waiting for the DSC models to drop to the same price as the regular ship equivalents. I can't see the quality is twice as good.

Playing STO through the Age of Discovery missions I might want the USS Clarke model (that class is the AoD starter ship), but it's not worth £39.99.

11. KepperC

KepperC Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Discovery #1 to #33 are still the first 33 issues of the new magazine, no?

12. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

I just bought the Voyager handbook, and for the most part it's pretty good.
    However, the drawing that shows how the variable geometry nacelles work is obviously completely inaccurate, so why did they have to put that particular image on the front cover of all places?
    I'm also dissatisfied with the inconsistent spaceship and shuttlecraft pictures: Sometimes they're orthographic renders of the CG model (Delta Flyer, escape pods, SC-4 shuttle, armored Voyager), sometimes they're perspectively distorted renders (Voyager), sometimes they're just drawings (type 6, 8, and 9 shuttles), and sometimes there aren't any plan views at all (Aeroshuttle, armored SC-4 shuttle).
    Furthermore, the MSD of the regular type 9 shuttlecraft is missing. Instead they used the MSD of the SC-4 shuttle with ablative armor...

saddestmoon likes this.
  13. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I got the Vulcan lander today. Not sure why it needed to be a special, the details are somewhat weak, it doesn't even have the friggin door on the feets - I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was intended for the main line but they just enlarged it to special size without adding additional details.

On another note, before reading the magazine, I had always assumed it was a shuttlecraft from a larger Vulcan ship, not the ship that was actually attracted by Cochrane's experiment.

I actually got an email a few months ago where they offered to send all of the missing ships at once for a discount, but I passed because I wasn't looking to spend $300+ dollars at the time, plus I kinda like getting one a month. I'm now a little worried that may have been interpreted as "no, i don't want them at all"

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  14. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The online shop (US version) has added a couple ships that they have been out of stock on. I finally ordered a ship that I missed on my subscription and had refund after I cancelled my subscription because it was like two years I had been waiting, and that the Orion ship (TOS remastered design). So very happy about that.

15. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I ordered the Prometheus on the 1st, but I'm rather annoyed that it STILL hasn't shipped. I was told they're only shipping on Tuesdays and Fridays now, but it's really frustrating to wait so long.

16. Imaus

Imaus Captain Captain

Oh and!

I have the eaglemoss model for the OV-165.

I love it. It's based off the Venture Star, and while it's VTHL, it's still what I love from Trek, and what I want from rocketry: actual advancement. While I think SSTO VTVLs will be the end-state for atmospheric transport, the VTHL Venture Star should had been what the US had produced years ago after the shuttle.

The OV-165 sits proudly on my desk.

Markonian likes this.
  17. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

^ I’m so pleased as well we got the OV-165. I applied bobmat343’s decals to it. They also kinda work on Archer’s toy model.

In the UK, the Ba’ul fighter (from the DSC S2 finale) and Regula-1 (Sierra-class space station, TOS “Wrath of Khan”) are Add to Basket. Hopefully should be out for delivery on Monday.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like Regula 1 is on the way to me.

19. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Some people have received it. The box now also lists Discovery and Picard among the Trek series (but not Lower Decks).

20. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, that's right.

Arrived right after I posted this morning - it's a really nice model, much weightier than Spacedock because the whole upper section is metal. It's a good size too. The tanks on the bottom are a little bit wonky, but not so much that I'd send it back.

Markonian likes this.