Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

The D4 is a bonus issue:
71947233_2384398318543909_6779334580831780864_n.jpg

I'll probably get the D4 when I can. It's a great design, and considering that "Enterprise" introduced no less than SIX different Klingon ship designs, it's surprising that they never found an opportunity to use this one.

In the mean time, I'm really hoping the Groumall hits Canadian stores in the next week or two.

I'll probably get the D4 when I can. It's a great design, and considering that "Enterprise" introduced no less than SIX different Klingon ship designs, it's surprising that they never found an opportunity to use this one.

In the mean time, I'm really hoping the Groumall hits Canadian stores in the next week or two.
Trekyards has the story about that. It was designed but the producers didn’t think they should waste money rendering it and told them to just use the D7. The massive outcry because of that lead to them creating new Klingon ships for that era.

Either they're going to produce two different Picard busts, or the First Contact one has been replaced by a TNG one... The "make it so" gesture looks nice too, but I preferred the FC uniform and rifle.
latest

72392850_2384854031831671_689242139615297536_n.jpg

Just heard about the cloaked Defiant. I’ll try and get that at DST.
Is that in the US? If so any chance you would pick up two? I'd pay you ahead of time through PayPal... plus any shipping and "inconvenience fees." :biggrin: It would still be cheaper than ebay prices!!
Speaking of Eaglemoss, it’s been two months and I’ve still haven’t received my next Disco ship. I’m supposed to be getting 2 a month now not one every 2.
They seem to be getting worse and worse lately.
It's been getting pretty bad as far as shipping the subscription ships. I've only received 3 ships (was just sent the Devore) since last April. :thumbdown:

i hope this isn't the final paint job, i thought these were supposed to be more like the vengeance in color, dark gray, not black.
ch66WKk.jpg

on second thought...
jS5wm7p.jpg
jaPbEer.png

That's the problem with the vfx on DIS - you can't tell shit from the show.
Everything looks the exact same, dark grey, weather it's Federation ships, Klingons, black-op ships, or the fucking original glamorious Enterprise - everything's looks the same muddy dark grey on screen!

Lighting is everything. I’m sure the designs would pop more if it wasn’t so flippin’ dark. I get how they’re selectively trying to be more accurate, since space is dark, but if they wanted to go all the way down that rabbit hole, they should have had Disco and the E surrounded by S31 ships in all 3 axes, and there would be no sounds whatsoever during the battle. Ergo, light up the damn ships so we can see them!

Lighting is everything. I’m sure the designs would pop more if it wasn’t so flippin’ dark. I get how they’re selectively trying to be more accurate, since space is dark, but if they wanted to go all the way down that rabbit hole, they should have had Disco and the E surrounded by S31 ships in all 3 axes, and there would be no sounds whatsoever during the battle. Ergo, light up the damn ships so we can see them!

Yes. But even in all their dark screenshots, there is always a single, directional light source (because cgi looks much better with it) - you see it in the lower picture, there is a light source in front of the ship.

The sun - in space - is REALLY bright. There is no atmosphere to absorb anything. For space shots to look "correct", the dark part need to be really dark - and the bright part really bright. Basically very high contrast. (DS9 and the movies got that "right" the most). But modern digital cameras give you a very grey image before processing (because that contains the most information) - which is why modern vfx also try to mimick that look, being very grey, and low on contrast. And it looks bad.

Literally the first Eaglemoss ship to not have misaligned windows.
If EagleMoss can't align the Black / White printing on the indented windows properly, they should probably omit that portion and let fans decide what to do with them on their own.

Or don't put Window indents so that nothing can be misaligned.

s that in the US? If so any chance you would pick up two? I'd pay you ahead of time through PayPal... plus any shipping and "inconvenience fees." :biggrin: It would still be cheaper than ebay prices!!

I believe Destination Star Trek is in Birmingham again, so it may not be cheaper than what some are listing on ebay.

I love the new announcements. Gonna get all of them. Especially excited about the golden Enterprise, Conestoga, and the XL Enterprise-J. It is a relieve that the Enterprise-D actually appears golden, rather than just plain yellow.

Hasn’t been mentioned. Doesn’t mean they won’t do it, though. Maybe next year, if ever. They are running out of things to do.

I actually am looking forward to almost all the ships that were just previewed. The only ones I probably will skip is the gold plated enterprise and the XL J (don’t really care for the design). But everything else is a solid like to a few being thank God I really want that ship.

If anyone gets that gold plated one, be careful with fingers. Skin oil has a tendency to make a permanent mark on chrome surfaces over time. Depending on how oily one's hands are, one might get finger prints on it where it's been handled in a few years.

If anyone gets that gold plated one, be careful with fingers. Skin oil has a tendency to make a permanent mark on chrome surfaces over time. Depending on how oily one's hands are, one might get finger prints on it where it's been handled in a few years.

Normally, I'd bust out the Bar Keepers Friend to remove the stains on chrome...but I'm not putting something that abrasive on a collectable.

I love the new announcements. Gonna get all of them. Especially excited about the golden Enterprise, Conestoga, and the XL Enterprise-J. It is a relieve that the Enterprise-D actually appears golden, rather than just plain yellow.
They’re actually doing a XL J? Finally a model that can be put beside the others and actually look to scale. The original doesn’t do it justice at default size.

Back