Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

71960172_1331761217006055_8560507185484791808_n.jpg

It looks like the two shuttlebays are the same size again... Is ST Picard using the same inaccurate Galaxy Class model Eaglemoss used?

Probably the same model (I believe it originated as the 1701-D in the "theses are the voyages" sequence from the end of ST Enterprise), but that might just be what a circa 2399 Galaxy Class looks like. So we can't quite call it an error yet.

I believe there's a painted up 1/1400 AMT 1701-D and 1701-E somewhere in Picard's chateau. They showed them off with other props a few months back (SDCC?).

EDIT: Yup. And both of the kids were done extremely well. They even fixed up Ten Forward to be late season accurate.

Last edited:
Can't access it behind my work's firewall to get a viable link.

All you need to do is run a search for "Defiant NYCC" (without quotes). There are about 7 or 8 on there.

I think this incredibly detailed fanmade model is the one from the Ships of the Line image. It seems to have the modifications from Nemesis, but the paintjob looks closer to FC/Insurrection. Anyway, from what I can see it's more accurate and detailed than Lombardi's model, so I hope if Eaglemoss ever decide to do the Nemesis E they either find the original Digital Domain model or acquire this mesh and just modify the textures...

I don't think any of the screen-used CG models of the D had the shuttlebay problem. Even the rendered images in the Eaglemoss magazines don't. Maybe EM mirrored the model for some reason before creating molds from it. There aren't a lot of asymmetrical ships, so in most cases it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe whoever did it even thought he was correcting it...

Now that we've gotten a clear Defiant and a gold Enterprise D has been announced, I'd also like to see a clear Enterprise E model as seen in Nemesis:

latest

Maybe EM mirrored the model for some reason before creating molds from it. There aren't a lot of asymmetrical ships, so in most cases it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe whoever did it even thought he was correcting it...

I bet you're right about that.

I always figured the 1701-D had the asymmetric shuttlebays because they knew they'd only ever be able to build a practical set of a pretty small one.

I always figured the 1701-D had the asymmetric shuttlebays because they knew they'd only ever be able to build a practical set of a pretty small one.
They tended to emerge from Shuttlebay 3 more often than not, which was actually the larger of the two on the neck. That said, the size and orientation of the bay/door never really lined up with the model exterior, so... :)

I don't think any of the screen-used CG models of the D had the shuttlebay problem. Even the rendered images in the Eaglemoss magazines don't. Maybe EM mirrored the model for some reason before creating molds from it. There aren't a lot of asymmetrical ships, so in most cases it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe whoever did it even thought he was correcting it...

Now that we've gotten a clear Defiant and a gold Enterprise D has been announced, I'd also like to see a clear Enterprise E model as seen in Nemesis:

latest
That looks like one of those crystal Enterprise's they used to advertise in Starlog a lifetime ago...

One small correction - that’s not a K’t’inga, but an Eaves D-4. A curious choice on Eaglemoss’ part to do an XL. I would have chosen a real TMP K’t’inga. Or the as-yet-unmade Kronos One. :shrug:

The D4 is a bonus issue:
71947233_2384398318543909_6779334580831780864_n.jpg

The K'T'inga is an XL model:
71967198_2384546718529069_8060188193225441280_n.jpg

Edit: By the way, the gold Enterprise D doesn't look any bigger than the regular one to me, but on Memory Alpha it's now listed as oversized special #20...

Last edited:
Just heard about the cloaked Defiant. I’ll try and get that at DST.
Speaking of Eaglemoss, it’s been two months and I’ve still haven’t received my next Disco ship. I’m supposed to be getting 2 a month now not one every 2.
They seem to be getting worse and worse lately.

Back