Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I’ll get that one when they do the inevitable NCC-1701 (no A) version, since it’s sort of an intermediate TMP version.

Huh, never noticed the back of the Tug was an F14.

They sure glopped a heavy coat of paint on the Air Tram, can barely make out the door detail on the sides.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    pst likes this.
  2. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

honestly, i only bought the set for the galileo. the more time i spend with them, the more i feel like it's the only one of the bunch that i like. even the voyager shuttle type 8 (which i liked at first glance) isn't really so good. the types 7 and 8 are actually sort of tan in the shows, but this is pure white like the other 3 models and it looks... anemic.

damn i'm picky.

3. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

Well the magazine was for the Planet Eater, not the Bonnie so I'm still missing that (over 6 months) and now on month 4 without any subscription ships. Still stuck at #147.

Has anyone received issues #148 & #149? They don't even show up on the US Eaglemoss shop. Usually it would say "Notify Me" under it's picture if it's out of stock. However, they don't even have pictures of those two on the site.

I just emailed them again trying to find out what's going on with my subscription and received their "we got your message" automated email back. However, this time it included this sentence:

"Your request for assistance has been received and we will provide a response as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a high volume at this time. If your request is urgent, please reach out to 1-800-261-6898."

Haven't seen that attached before when I've emailed in the past. I guess I'm not the only one with problems... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Still missing the following from the main line:
    • 138 - USS Lantree
    • 146 - Fesarius
    • 148 - Jem'Hadar Battleship
    • 149 - Krenim Warship
    Shop Exclusives & Specials:
    • SX12 - USS Bonaventure magazine
    • SP15 - Spacedock --- but went ahead and got one on eBay in light of the recent "permanently out-of-stock" rumor on this one, so it doesn't really matter as much
    Discovery Line:
    • 13 - Worker Bee
    • 14 - Klingon Cleave Ship
    All these missing shipments appear to have happened at around the same time. I can only assume they experienced some major logistics disruption that they have yet to fully recover from. The last time this happened, it took them 1-2 years to send me the things they missed, but I had already gotten them via eBay in the meantime, as they were always "out of stock" (even though they were all available on the online store at one time or other during this "outage").

Pretty pathetic, honestly.

5. mindx2

Ouch! I thought I had it bad. As far as the timing you are probably correct. These were all around the time they sent the E-F to so many of us instead of the Bonaventure as ordered. Something must have really screwed up on their warehouse/distribution side of things.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  6. 137th Gebirg

Yep - and the XL Akira, that was supposed to be out months ago (April?) is still MIA.

Thankfully, their 1:8 BTTF DeLorean build subscription has continued uninterrupted from the beginning, as too many downstream sub-assemblies rely on what came before. If there is an interruption there, the whole project is broken. That would probably give me a coronary.

mindx2 likes this.
  7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I’m missing those plus:
    • 147 - Baran's raider
    • 150 - USS Antares
    Kind of annoying, really...

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Got a email that the horrible Mudd ship is coming. These Discovery releases are so sporadic I don’t even know what issue I’m on now and what issues they’ve skipped. Still haven’t got the mirror universe subscriber gift as well.

9. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

@thribs you mean this horrible thing?
    [​IMG]
    just arrived today, despite emailing eaglemoss twice and confirming with them on the phone that this issue was skipped. when i saw the charge and got the shipping notification, i talked to them again and they did their version of customer service shrug and told me no i hadn't skipped it, must've just imagined that whole conversation. the back and forth has become so pointless, i've opened a dispute with my bank over it.

it's really the worst experience i've had with them and there's plenty of bad experiences to choose from.

10. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just picked up the Akira XL at the Las Vegas Con. It does not have the USS Thunderchild above the registry number.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Nate

Some other Vegas pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. thribs

The Scimitar looks good. I’ll be getting that one. I like those TOS shuttles. They would have looked good in Discovery.

Is there any exclusive ships that I should look out for when I go to DST?

13. 137th Gebirg

Damn that Akira is pretty. I’m jealous. Welp...maybe someday...

14. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

The big Excelsior looks quite nice, but a shame it's based on the Flashback model.

Tosk, 137th Gebirg and pst like this.
  15. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a real sucker for the TOS shuttles! I really dig those designs!

Interesting to note however, how similar the one shuttle is to the final design of the Romulan warbird in TOS "Balance of Terror". Very 60s design. Love it.

saddestmoon likes this.
  16. Nate

Nothing exclusive at Vegas this year. The only thing special is being able to buy the XL Akira first. Haven’t heard anything about other shows.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

I’m kind of glad about that. I’m still trying in vain to acquire a USS Glenn for under $100, with most out there being at least $300. It’s absurd, for a simple repaint, especially considering the base still has “Discovery” stamped on it instead of a special “Glenn” version. Pisses me off every time I see one.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  18. thribs

Still haven’t sold my Glenn yet. I was hoping to sell it to pay off my expenses for the trip. :)

Markonian likes this.
  19. mindx2

Are they actually selling for that much or people just trying to sell them at that price?

20. thribs

They sell for that much.