Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Some new models coming out...

USS Curry

[​IMG]

Tellartite Ship

[​IMG]

Glow in the dark USS Defiant from TOS

[​IMG]

2. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Thanks for sharing!

1) I like the color palette of the USS Curry. Plus, the model looks much more palatable in this image than the original screenshot of that Frankenstein experiment.

2) The Tellarite cruiser (Pralim class) makes a good impression, too. Are the “antenna” on the front asymmetric?

3) A lot of effort went into the Issue 50 Enterprise. Giving us more variants of the iconic Constitution class is a clever way to recoup the investment. I’ll keep this glowing one on display.

juventuz likes this.
  3. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a fan of the actual Curry I’m liking the model pic.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Ooooh, that's pretty! Yeah, I'm really liking the paint scheme on the Curry too. Very much interested in what's connecting the upper and lower hulls there. It's been a bit of a mystery ever since photos of the ship started popping up years ago. Also curious if they're also going to do the "Raging Queen" variant, but probably not any time soon - too similar. I wonder if they're going to confirm the long-held theory that the Curry and RQ were the first canonical thru-deck carriers shown on-screen.

Markonian likes this.
  5. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glow in the dark is awesome:)

drt, MFB and 137th Gebirg like this.
  6. 137th Gebirg

I just personally thank the Lords of Kobol that, by the time it came for Trumble to re-do the miniature for TMP, he had the wherewithal to replace those ambiguous and idiotic dimples (stemming basically from a sub-par model kit accuracy error) with the physical phaser banks (and neck-mounted photon launchers) that wound up finally appearing on that and all other future 23rd century vessels, clearly implying the weapons' purposes.

Saul likes this.
  7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I see Shuttle Set three are showing up now.

8. 137th Gebirg

Yep. Ordered mine last week. Looking forward to seeing these.

9. Markonian

In the Facebook group, pictures are posted by those who’ve received the Shuttle set. Including placing the Type-11 upside down on a Federation scout ship. :lol:

Ethros, Brefugee and 137th Gebirg like this.
  10. 137th Gebirg

The subscription XL Enterprise-E arrived yesterday and it is very nice! Quite sturdy and accurate - at least to the First Contact physical miniature version, as far as I can tell. Came with a free binder and E-D dedication plaque, which actually came in a box! That is interesting to me, as the original one like it (years ago as a freebie for starting the original subscription) only arrived in its surrounding styrofoam packaging - no nice glossy cardboard box holding it all together. Definitely a step up, and I could always use more binders. I should have enough of them to finish all the series out now.

11. Nate

My regular subscription is pending on my credit card & I noticed the price is a little more than normal so I’m thinking it’s a binder with the 2 ships. When I started the collection I just put the special magazines, mirror ships etc in with the numbered issues whenever they came. I want to go back now & use different binders for the different types but I’ve been putting it off because they were annoying to setup the first time around. That & I put the magazines in completely upside down for a whole binder that I haven’t fixed yet.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  12. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

I just went through this process like a week and a half ago. It’s... tedious. But now it’s done.

13. Markonian

14. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the scale works quite well actually, one little benefit from these mini models!

(I'll still give them a pass though, only have the first shuttle set and doubt at the prices I'll get the other two)

15. 137th Gebirg

I noticed this as well with the Voyager and Maquis Raider models, they seemed to be of relatively the same scale as their larger Monogram/Revell model kit counterparts. Had Eaglemoss not announced their own version of it in a later issue, I would have probably gotten one more of each and built my own Yeager-class out of them. I still plan on doing a studio-scale version with my kits one day. It is beautiful, in its profound ugliness, as are most of the DS9 Frankenfleet™. :)

Markonian likes this.
  16. Markonian

I did. Couldn’t wait.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkoNolan/status/823130069992435712/photo/1

17. Nate

137th Gebirg and Markonian like this.
  18. 137th Gebirg

Markonian likes this.
  19. Markonian

Thanks! :alienblush:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  20. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I really like that Curry. Annoying, in a way, that the nacelles look lovely - they looked terrible on the Enterprise-A. I'd love them to completely redo that one when they come to the XL version. It's probably my favourite version of the Enterprise and hasn't been done justice.