Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure they have plans yet. From the interview Ben Robinson did with Trekcore back in early August

ROBINSON: They’re getting closer to each other – and for Discovery, that will launch in the US and UK at the same time. I don’t know what our plans are for Germany – our other major territory – or Japan, but our first plan is to launch in our English-language markets, with Australia that normally follows shortly after.

If you mean the magazines online, I'm not sure as I've never looked at them online. That's the only part of your subscription that's really online. You can't modify credit card data, etc.

Titan magazine did not ship with the models for anyone in the US as far as I'm aware. It will come separately.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

This is normally such a well-behaved, drama-free thread. Let's keep it that way. Thanks.

3. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I used to be a hater for the Discovery but after seeing the model and those orthos on their website I think I've warmed up to it quite a bit I might pick one up at some point! Interestingly enough I used to be a fan of the Planet of the Titans Enterprise concept and thought it'd be neat if they made a series set on one although I envisioned the design to be a post tmp one instead of pre tos.

Has anyone heard any news on Eaglemoss making a model for the Enterpris-F from Star Trek Online?

4. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

No word on the E-F yet. Likely depends on the success of Titan and Aventine.

^ The DSC Collection goes
    1) USS Shenzhou NCC-1227
    2) USS Discovery NCC-1031
    3) USS Kerala (we don’t know which of the ships it is yet)
    4) 2250s Klingon bird of prey.
    TBA) USS Europa NCC-1648

pst and Nate like this.
  5. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

Slightly irrelevant, but I just bought the XL 1701-D. OMG! What an incredible model! If you’re a fan of TNG or the Galaxy-class this is unmissable! And that’s coming from a Galaxy-class "hater"! :lol:

Markonian and Brefugee like this.
  6. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I'm not a big fan of the D either, but it is a mighty shiney model.

7. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i thought the implication was that the kerala was the klingon capital ship.
    as a galaxy-class lover and a sovereign-class eh-er, i opted for the jumbo E over the D. the latter is just too inaccurate.

Markonian likes this.
  8. Markonian

pst likes this.
  9. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

interesting. kerala is an indian name, so it would make sense. i might've just been reading ben's tweet wrong.

i did end up subscribing with the mind to cancel once they get into the klingon ships, none of which i thought were particularly attractive. if the kerala is a federation ship, that means i'll be hanging in there a little longer than expected.

Markonian likes this.
  10. Markonian

^ Sounds like a plan. Do you consider to get subsequent Federation ship individually?

11. Markonian

NEWS:
    The Discovery might be a Crossfield-class starship.

pst likes this.
  12. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Is there a new link somewhere for the subscription? Can't seem to find it on their site.

13. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

yeah, i'll go ship by ship after the shenzhou and discovery, i can't believe that entire fleet we saw is worth owning. again, i really didn't care for any of the klingon ships we saw, so those alone will cause me to break the subscription, it's just a matter of when.
    must be named after albert scott crossfield, the first pilot to fly 2x the speed of sounds. or so says wikipedia.

Markonian likes this.
  14. Markonian

Aye, like the Walker it’s for another US-American test pilot. While the honour is earned, I hope further class names are as culturally diverse as the battle fleet itself.

pst likes this.
  15. Markonian

pst likes this.
  16. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg and Markonian like this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Thanks very much! :)

18. Markonian

19. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

I think/hope it’s this ship right here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It did a glorious flyby in the battle and it’s the only one that’s memorable afterwards. It’s the only one (other than the hero ships) that I’m interested in anyway.

Opted? There's no choice here. I’m getting both! :lol:
    But seriously, any doubts about inaccuracies will be forgotten once someone watches/holds the XL version of the D up close! IMHO it’s worth it.

Glad that they’re doing Probert’s 1701-C concept but not that they’re labeling it as such. There’s only one USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C and I hope Eaglemoss will give us a correct XL version of her (and soon).

Markonian and Brefugee like this.
  20. Markonian

The XL-C is scheduled. In-universe you can assume the concept was the original configuration, and that the E-C we saw was the refit.