Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Hey wait a second...that Nova class is wrong. If it is indeed the Equinox, then it should have a different bridge and a 'notched' deflector area. What they show there is Harry Kim's alternate future Rhode Island version

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Huh...you're right. That is the Rhode Island.

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think they should do both! :) It would be really bad for them not to include the classic TOS BoP at some point, but part of the fun of this collection is going to be getting ships that haven't yet been released elsewhere. I'm really looking forward to getting some of those ENT designs! (I'm even still hoping they can somehow get authorization to release the unused "D4" as a subscriber exclusive or something! ;))

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  5. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Would that erroneous Nova have gone into production yet or is that just a prototype? Is there a chance to give Eaglemoss the heads-up to correct their mistake (maybe they can give the Rhode Island variant as a bonus offer). Even if it means pushing the Nova class further down the list. After all, the whole point of this project is to have the most accurate ship models, right?

6. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Vice Admiral Admiral

Eaglemoss offer a "100% customer guarantee" so one could always ask for a refund. I expect they'd require the model and magazine to be returned. Personally, I'm not that bothered. There are bound to be a few duff issues -- the Borg sphere is pretty unexciting.

7. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

I didn't say I didn't like the ENT BoP, I just like the TOS model better. I also like the D5 model idea....

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

There will be both Romulan Birds of Prey, 22nd and 23rd century.

The models past issue 5 or 6 are just prototypes, the images on that page are all placeholder CGI images borrowed until the final models have been made.

9. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I totally agree that they should do them all eventually.

I really hope the sales do very well and they would someday even release some novelverse ships. I would love a Titan and an Aventine model. :drool:

10. t_smitts

t_smitts Captain Captain

While it's not totally unheard of to get miniatures from the books (Galoob ventured into that a little bit with Star Wars), I think that's kind of a long-shot, what with Star Trek sticking to the "novels aren't canon" rule pretty faithfully over the years.

Hey, if they set does REALLY well, you never know, but, best-case scenario, they'd be pretty far down the list.

And again, that's a long shot.

If I had to guess, I'd suspect the graphic on the site is a mistake and it WILL be the Equinox. Given their claimed attention to detail, there's no way SOMEONE wouldn't catch that.

Moreover, I just noticed the Reliant picture shows the Majestic instead, and we KNOW from the Facebook pic that it will indeed be the Reliant.

11. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Me too they've just released a picture of the USS Relaint and it has the Aztec patten but the the TMP model has not ????

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

13. Nero's Shadow

Here it is !!! Looks good !!! Better than the TMP [​IMG]

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I literally only just posted that, and you cut out another important part, the correct model of the Equinox in the background.

15. Nero's Shadow

Sorry about that great trek minds think alike :klingon:!!! And it's the Road Island not the Equinox !!:techman::techman:

16. Nero's Shadow

I made my picture bigger so we could see the Aztec patten sorry for that !!!

17. Nero's Shadow

Sorry wrong again it's the Equinox me bad [​IMG]

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

That is definitely the Equinox. And the Reliant also looks really good. No blue bussards. I am now wondering if the Enterprises are from the aborted first run from a year ago and they didn't want to waste the money to retool them. All these others are likely more recent and, ergo, more accurate.

19. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

The Reliant looks amazing, and has always been a personal favorite of mine....

Gonna have to get it.

20. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I know. :(

Some of the Star Wars stuff I've seen gives me some hope so I'm just hoping for the best. Hope springs eternal. ;)