Game Star Trek Resurgence - new Star Trek videogame announced

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Tuskin38, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Mike Doyle

Mike Doyle Commander Red Shirt

They’ve repeatedly said this isn’t the case though. There’s some of that interspersed with other more interactive sessions like flying shuttles and phaser fights.

ED-209 likes this.
  2. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

Cool, if that’s the case.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can even see some of that in the trailers.

4. ED-209

I’ve rewatched the trailer (haven’t since it first came out) it still looks very basic, even with those parts. Sorry but it does.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

No apologies necessary. ;)

It doesn't really matter how basic it is, or how basic you think it is. They're working on it longer and we're all better off for it, even the ones who don't think they are.

ATimson likes this.
  6. ED-209

Well I’ll definitely be buying it :hugegrin:

7. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I'll wait for it on Steam or game pass.

JoseNoodles likes this.
  8. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Any news on a release date?

9. Mike Doyle

Mike Doyle Commander Red Shirt

Yes

BillJ likes this.
  10. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Telltale scheduled the episodes monthly, and then routinely blew their release dates.

11. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It also drove them into financial ruin chasing licensed properties that didn't always pan out.

12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

^ They also mostly subsisted on licensed properties rather than any original properties of their own, which had to be crazy expensive.

13. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Well, I gave credit to Telltale for at least doing games that were more interesting than everyone else's (MMO)RPGs and shoot 'em ups.

ED-209 likes this.
  14. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Telltale over extended way too quickly. Their games were all the same and they just started pumping out the same formula. It was never sustainable, not to mention some of the games just stunk or were a weird choice. We got a Minecraft one and a Game of Thrones one no one remembers! They barely marketed them it felt like.

15. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they really did extend themselves quickly. It seemed they took on nearly every franchise they could at one point. I preferred their earlier point-and-click style games. The last of that type from them that I played was the Back to the Future game, then around the time the Jurassic Park game came out was when they changed their formula to be more like interactive stories. Under the old format, I think Telltale would have been perfect to do an episodic Star Trek game which would have put it in line with the TOS games in the way they were structured.

16. Admiral Picard

Admiral Picard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really hope that Resurgence will be the beginning of a new era. It has to be really good, because I want new Trek games. Two years ago I started playing ST: Online but it became so repetitive that I lost interest in it.
    I miss the time of BC, Elite Force, Armada, SF Command 3... those were all really good.

JoseNoodles likes this.
  17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Only 12 weeks left before this game is launched and nothing, not even some updates on how it is going from the devs, which at this point is not looking good as when a game is this quiet this close to launch it usually means the publisher has decided to not spend a penny on advertising, which is usually not a good sign, so what has happened with the game from 12 months ago when they were happy to push it, until now when this close to launch and nothing?

ED-209 and Admiral Picard like this.
  18. ED-209

If this flops it'll be years before we get another Trek game....

19. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well that Star trek Prodigy game that was released in October 2022 on steam, has a peak player count of 8 since its launch, so i wonder if that has impacted on this game or the publishers view on it.

20. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

Just to clarify, the game is self-published by the developers, there aren't "publishers" per se.