Spoilers Star Trek: Prodigy General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by The Overlord, Oct 20, 2019.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Of course Animation wouldn't look as good as today, but the stories were for the most part consistently good.

Prodigy's animation is one of the things I really like about the show though.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Commander Troi and Richard S. Ta like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's not about "today" -- even with modern CG animation techniques, there's still a wide range of difference in animation quality between different shows, because the same factors of time, money, and skill are as relevant to the results as they ever were. My point is that Prodigy is one of the very best-looking animated shows currently around, because it has the time and budget to get it right.

Commander Troi and Richard S. Ta like this.
  4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It still could. Assuming Lower Decks does premiere in August, it would finish in October. If Prodigy comes back the week after Lower Decks ends, it will get all ten remaining episodes aired by year's end.

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just started watching. It strikes me as somewhat "Star Wars-ish" with all the weird aliens as well as the robots.

Kor

6. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weird aliens? Brikar? Tellerite? Medusan? Caitian? Kazon? Photonic life form?

7. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Just looked up on Memory Alpha. We really have to wait till December for the rest of S1. Do children have enough patience for significant gaps between episodes?

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As I mentioned before, lots of Netflix kids' shows release their seasons in two blocks months apart. And I remember a lot of Nickelodeon shows, including Avatar: The Last Airbender, having really long gaps between seasons or partial seasons.

Of course, on commercial TV, kids' shows would just keep airing reruns in between new seasons, and apparently kids were more tolerant of reruns than adults -- I certainly watched the same episodes over and over without complaint at that age. I wonder if kids today rewatch streaming shows of their own volition.

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt that's accurate at all. According to them, all the remaining season 1 episodes are dropping on December 31st. None of the Trek shows drop the whole season (or half season) on the same day, and even ignoring that, December 31st is a Saturday and since fall 2018 Thursday has been the day for new Star Trek episodes.

Also, looking over the other shows on MA, they say all of Lower Decks season 3 is dropping on December 31st, meanwhile they claim all of Picard season 3 and SNW season 2 will be dropping on December 31st of 2023. Which we know is inaccurate since Picard season 3 at least has already been announced for a February 2023 premiere. I suspect December 31st might just be a default placeholder MA uses if there is no premiere date announced, and they apply the appropriate year to that date.

Don't know why they can't just not put any airdate in at all until one is announced. Especially since that is exactly what they are doing in regards to Disco season 5. But who really understands MA's thought process on anything?

Markonian and Jinn like this.