Spoilers Star Trek - Picard: The Last Best Hope by Una McCormack Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Kill Anna, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Rate Star Trek - Picard: The Last Best Hope

1. Outstanding

31 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Above Average

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Average

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Below Average

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. youngtrek

youngtrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here’s a site with Deep Space Nine and Voyager ratings. This link takes you to the final season ratings for Deep Space Nine, and there are links at the bottom of the page to the other seasons of DS9 and also to Voyager. Looks to me like DS9 was averaging in the four million viewers range its final season, and that Voyager started out higher and maintained at least a bit of an edge until it’s own final two or three seasons (well after Deep Space Nine had gone off the air) by which point it too was averaging in the four million viewers range.

http://users.telenet.be/WebTrek/Ds9/Ratings/ratings7.html

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This is all true, except for the bit about VGR being on prime time "everywhere." UPN was a new, pretty small network compared to the other four that then existed, and it was carried in a finite number of markets. In cities that didn't have UPN affiliates, VGR was offered for syndication along with DS9, and would thus air on various different days and time slots. So what you say is correct, but not to quite the same extent as if it had been on a bigger network like NBC or FOX.

3. youngtrek

youngtrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, thanks. After I posted that I found an article talking about how bad a network the UPN was at the time and that the effects of that could be seen in Voyager’s ratings.