Star Trek Picard is not Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Forever94, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Forever94

Forever94 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello.
    I can't be more dissappointed with this new series. I'm 25, i grew up with Star Trek since my parents showed me some VHSs of The Original Series when i was 2. Since then i have loved this incredible world, from The Cage to the last season of Star Trek Enterprise.

The Federation, space exploration idea, the showing of a future in which humans leave in peace, respecting all forms of Life, aspiring to be better persons and know the universe we are surrounded by, surpassing racism, arrogance, hate, war... has always inspired me, i still think that Will happen in the future.

The epic adventure, wether were moral based episodes or spac battles, unforgettable friendships like Kirk-Spock , Bashir-O'Brien or Archer-T'pol are amazing, all is gone in this new "Star Trek".

Since Enterprise ended, the new Star Trek is not real. I didnt like JJ Abrahams movies , i didnt like Disco and i dont like Picard. Picard is one of my favourite characters ever and i was hoping Mr. Stewart would never join a show like this.

Gore violence, the Federation putting self interests above saving an entire race, 24th Century totally opposite to what It was in TNG era, pathetic dialogue, Romulans that speak and look like humans, , just but the ears...characters speaking like teenagers. There is no space exploration, no moral dilema, no feeling, no soul.

I dont know how i could stand first 4 episodes, but the (SPOILER ALERT) Icheb scene in the fifth is the end of this hopeless try.

I see a lot of people that seem to like this show, i respect all opinions, but please, how people that cried with Spock's death, when the Enterprise appeared 10 years later in TMP, when Kirk said:
    "Second Star to the right" and the Enterprise A headed to the Star for its last asventure can enjoy this. I dont know that the hell is happening with people, with a lot of Star Trek fans...

I dont know what more to say, i just hope Star Trek one day will make the difference again.

Star Trek 2009 is not Star Trek.
    Star Trek Into Darkness is not Star Trek
    Star Trek Beyond is not Star Trek
    Star Trek Discovery is not Star Trek
    Star Trek Picard is not Star Trek

This is just my personal opinion, i dont want to start any discussion or ofend anyone.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Very sad for you.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's all real. Whether one watches it or not is a whole other question.

Shaka Zulu, Sparky, Xerxus and 12 others like this.
  4. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Dear Moderators,

Can we have a dedicated "I hate Picard/Not My Trek" forum for these threads?

5. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

Overall, I’m enjoying Picard.

Do I have issues with it?

Yes.

Is it Star Trek? In my opinion, yes.

Is it “our” Star Trek? Meaning the same we grew up with? No, and for that, I’m grateful.

To paraphrase Spock in TMP: Star Trek must evolve. It can’t stay the same. That’s why I enjoyed the Abrams films and why I’m enjoying Picard and Discovery.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Already considering it.

ETA: A thread, not a forum...that would be above my pay grade.

7. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

Of course it's Star Trek. It's right there in the title.
    Also:
    part of Star Trek before
    part of Star Trek before
    that was literally the plot of Insurrection
    I can't really agree. feels the same to me. maybe be a bit more specific perhaps?
    part of Star Trek before
    well we had Betazoids that look like Romulans before AND a universal translator,
    part of Star Trek before
    So we've been to Vashti and Freecloud before?
    yeah, that's just nonsense

8. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surely that depends on how one defines reality? Does the reality exist independent of the observer? This is a great philosophical question!

Tim Thomason and SolarisOne like this.
  9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Honestly, I remember friends telling me that DS9 was "not Star Trek" way back in the day. I remember folks insisting that THE WRATH OF KHAN had sacrificed TMP's "cerebral" nature for pulp space-opera adventure, complete with a diabolical arch-villain and a doomsday device.

The truth of the matter is that STAR TREK is different things to different people. It also consists of eight different TV series, thirteen movies, and hundreds of books and comics and games and such. It stands to reason that most of us are going to gravitate more toward some versions than others, but they're all STAR TREK, just different flavors.

10. fireproof78

If that is the case then why people bother themselves over these small issues like Star Trek? Obviously, if I ignore it becomes unreal.

SolarisOne likes this.
  11. Hythlodeus

A thread dedicated to people who somehow expected TNG season 8 and were disappointed because PIC is something different would not be a bad idea. If they can let off steam here, they don't have to let off steam elsewhere. reddit, youtube, the pits of the internet and they don't risk becoming pawns of the culture war the usual hate mongers want to incite.

12. Forever94

I dont care what this Star Trek Picard fans say, is not Star Trek and It wont never be. This series doesnt represent Star Trek, Gene Rodenberry's vision. Until Enterprise ended, It evolved but always inside that vision, just in different ways. And im sorry for you guys, but a lot of people thinks like me and there are millions of Star Trek fans that just wont lose time writting about this garbage.

cal888 and Dix like this.
  13. El Maestro

El Maestro Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome to the forums Mr. Berman

14. Hythlodeus

nah...too easy

Nyotarules, burningoil, 777 and 11 others like this.
  15. Forever94

Long live real Star Trek. Fuck this Picard garbage (and JJ / Discovery as well).

16. EnriqueH

Ooooooook

antinoos and SolarisOne like this.
  17. EnriqueH

I’ve been watching 20(0) years before you were born...

18. Forever94

Very good

19. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you don't care what other fans say (unless they share your opinion), what do you think is the purpose of a discussion board?

20. fireproof78

IDIC only applies to things I like, apparently.