Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I like that one

Danja and TedShatner10 like this.
  2. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

It has one of the best soundtracks to any Star Trek episode ever, in particular; Delta Flyer Launches for Rescue / Kitarians Attack, Are Assimilated / Seven Helps Kitarians Escape, Annika: Going to Be Assimilated / Flyer Arrives at Unicomplex / Poppa? Captain Janeway Is Eluding You / Captain Janeway’s Armband Goes Offline / Borg Queen and Janeway Face Off / Flyer Through Transwarp Conduit / Sweet Dreams.

Epic. :adore:

Danja and TedShatner10 like this.
  3. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To add on:
    S4: Year of Hell PTS I & II, Mortal Coil, Message In A Bottle, Living Witness

S5: Equinox PT I

S6: Equinox PT II, Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy, Blink of an Eye, Ashes To Ashes

S7: Critical Care

YMMV, of course.

Danja likes this.
  4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

"It was all I could have hoped for and I think the fans are going to go cuckoo."
    "it doesn’t feel so much as an ending as the possibility of moving forward. I think there’s a future."
    :biggrin:

Danja and Commander Troi like this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing ever truly ends as long as we remember it.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or if it's a cash cow which can still be milked.

Moo.

Danja and StarMan like this.
  8. Tuskin38

9. Falco16

Falco16 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Something that's been kind of bugging me with the trailers for Season 3: Everytime they show the TNG combadge when it beeps, it looks so bad and like someone made it directly from a 3d printer without even painting it. Even when Picard picks it up, the back is literally unpainted. Doesn't have the black paint they used for the actual TNG combadge props. I hope they actually fix that when the episode premieres.

Danja likes this.
  10. Tuskin38

I watched the scene you're talking about, it's too blurry to make out anything on the back of the combadge. But I don't think there's anything to fix.

[​IMG]

If it's anything like the TNG movie badge they used in Season 1, his name and serial number will be etched into the back.
    [​IMG]

Do we have a rear shot of the TNG combadge? One that was intended to be seen on screen and not just the rear shot of the costume mounted one with Velcro on it.

Also not all prop ones were black on the back.
    [​IMG]

I'm also not sure they were painted black, I think they were just made out of black material and it was the gold and silver that was painted on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    cooleddie74 and Danja like this.
  11. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Here is another review on what went "wrong" with Season 2 of PIC:

While Steve Shives doesn't fucking suck out loud as a reviewer compared to most other dubious, disingenuous Trek "critics" like Drinker, et al, I don't really agree with his opinions either.

While I think S2 suffers when compared next to S1 of PIC, S4 of DSCO, and S1 of SNW, and quite flawed like DSCO's S1 and Lower Decks' earlier episodes, I still found it watchable.

If S2's events were unimportant, if the day wasn't saved we'd get the UFP change into a regime as bad as the Terran Empire and Cardassian Union in the current timeline (with the branching timeline as a warning), plus a rift in subspace killing billions/trillions.

fireproof78 and Commander Troi like this.
  12. PicardHitbyTesla

PicardHitbyTesla Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"It was watchable"

high praise

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  13. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the soundtrack from Star Trek First Contact.

15. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Steve, and generally agree with him on Trek, though I'm not quite as harsh on Season 2.

That said, I do agree that ultimately Season 2 was worthless, insofar as absolutely nothing that took place within it will likely ever have any ramifications upon Trek again. The season was explicitly set up as about giving him a second chance at a relationship with Laris...and she's not going to be in a relationship with him to speak of in Season 3.

Ultimately nothing here matters really. Nothing matters for Picard. Nothing matters for all of the characters written off the show we will likely never see again. Probably nothing matters in regards to the relationship of Seven and Raffi. I am guessing that with the exception of maybe 2-3 scenes, you could probably go right from watching Season 1 to Season 3 and everything will make total sense.

This is in some ways a repeat of Season 1, where they gave Picard a synthetic body, and then they decided in Season 2 that nope, it didn't actually matter at all.

All of this would be forgivable if this was the 1990s and I was watching Voyager. But I don't want a "reset button" between seasons. I want the plots and character growth to follow logically on the foundations already shown.

16. Tuskin38

Akiva said that the transwarp conduit will be explored somewhere else eventually.

Omegaphallic and Campe like this.
  17. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

First, I think a lot of the above is unfounded until we actually see season three. The statement that we might not ever see characters again, I’m not sure that’s true either. The Borg storyline and the Wesley/Kore story seem to be setting up bigger. (Like Tuskin says above, it seems that the transwarp thing is setting up something bigger, perhaps a big crossover event?) Second, if its the case none of this matters, I don’t know that it’s fair to criticize that nothing matters on season two and it’s production. A lot of this is on Terry Matalas and his desire to turn Picard season 3 into a full on TNG continuation.

Still, I admit while I generally liked season 2 of Picard, it was not without some pretty significant flaws. I don’t typically watch YT critique videos, but I do like Steve and admit he makes some good points in that video.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  18. PicardHitbyTesla

PicardHitbyTesla Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Season 2 was like the episode Q sent the tng crew into the robin hood story.

It won't matter going forward it was just to reach Picard a lesson about something

Omegaphallic likes this.
  19. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. I think Season 2, for all it's flaws, matters in the sense that it carried the adventure forward. To make a very crude analogy it is like TNG. Season 1 was up and down but established the status quo of the world. Season 2 had a new character and a different status quo within the dynamic of the relationship of the characters. Season 3 will be when they feel they have it down and are comfortable with their roles and it will be more stable.

Maybe.

20. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

From a nostalgic, I grew up with TNG perspective, I’m excited for season 3. But from a let’s move forward perspective, I’m not so sure about this. So, I’m a little apprehensive to suggest that they’ll find their footing in season three. It depends greatly how much they move the story forward as opposed to just doing a new season of TNG. The snippets of soundtrack do not fill the let’s move forward part of me with confidence.