Star Trek Picard Emmy Nominations

MvRojo

Vice Admiral
Admiral
The nominations for the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards were announced today and Star Trek: Picard was nominated for five Primetime Emmys. Per the usual for Star Trek, they were all in the Creative Arts categories.

Outstanding Period and/or Character Hairstyling ("Stardust City Rag")
Outstanding Period and/or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic) ("Stardust City Rag") *LOST*
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special ("Absolute Candor") *WON*
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama (One Hour) ("Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2") *LOST*
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama (One Hour) ("Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2")

In addition, Short Treks was nominated in the Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series.

Last edited:
Congrats

Le5MuF5.jpg

https://www.emmys.com/awards/nominations/award-search?search_api_views_fulltext=star+trek&submit=Search&field_celebrity_details_field_display_name=&field_show_details_field_nominee_show_nr_title=&field_show_details_field_network=All&field_show_details_field_production_company=All&field_nominations_year[min]=&field_nominations_year[max]=&field_nominations_year_op=>=&field_nominations_year[value]=1949-01-01&field_nominations_year_1[min]=&field_nominations_year_1[max]=&field_nominations_year_1_op=<=&field_nominations_year_1[value]=2020-01-01&field_award_category=All

Last edited:
Congrats to the nominees. Sir Patrick should have been nominated too.
Keep in mind there are almost 500 TV shows today in "peak tv" time. It's very hard to get noms these days. Certainly Picard should have been nominated for cinematography and a few others but it's all good.

5 is about right. Prosthetics and make-up, Trek will always be nominated for. Congrats to the hairstylists though.

Ca[ptain Picard was a toxic mansplanring stereotype that needed to be neutered in by gender-neutral feminists who didn't have anything to do with creating the original show.

Star Trek Picard won the Emmy for Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special

The fact that Sir Patrick Stewart wasn't nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series is a goddamn crime.

It would have been a crime for TNG. That was his best work. STP not so much.

It would have been a crime for TNG. That was his best work. STP not so much.

I liked the show better than many here, but I don’t recall anything about his performance (or Picard’s part in the script) that really made me think “Emmy.”

I will reiterate: The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences ought to be arrested for the absolute crime of not nominating Sir Patrick Stewart for his powerful, vivid, emotionally nuanced, and, yes, innovative performance in Star Trek: Picard.

I will reiterate: The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences ought to be arrested for the absolute crime of not nominating Sir Patrick Stewart for his powerful, vivid, emotionally nuanced, and, yes, innovative performance in Star Trek: Picard.

They’ll have to get in line along with all the other people who have been denying him an Emmy (and a Golden Globe) for decades now. ;)

Nope.

Back