Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x07 - "Dominion"

Engage!

• Total voters
This isn't good Star Trek.
Still Trek.

Which is ok. I didn't get much I liked in the 90s, except for TOS reruns, and the TOS films. I'm pretty ok now with characters who engage me.

I'm sorry they don't for you. Been there multiple Treks ago. I hope something else strikes you.

I didn't go over all the comments, but Picard could have pointed out that to Vadic that the Dominion was no stranger to genocide. They tried to blow up Bajor's sun and we saw them inflict horrendous lethal viruses on plants that disobeyed them.
Also, it was a solid, Bashir, who risked himself to get the cure.

Last edited:
So? She’s still a clear abd present danger to the ship and their son.
I'm tired. I really am. Just wanted to mention this episode but could go back to the first few episodes where Vadic treated the Titan like a yarn of wool, and her the pussy cat, constantly toying with it until the head department told her to grab it. And we're still there. Now. 7 episodes in. It's boring and terribly written. What character has grown? Who has changed in any fundemental way? It's crap

I didn't go over all the comments, but Picard could have pointed out that to Vadic that the Dominion was no stranger to genocide. They tried to blow up Bajor's sum and we saw them inflict horrendous lethal viruses on plants that disobeyed them.
Also, it was a solid, Bashir, who risked himself to get the cure.
That's logical.

Vadic is not logical.

I'm surprised they didn't go there. That's a close connection to the TNG crew, especially when Nachayav chewed out Picard later on.
That would only have reminded the fans that the show needlessly killed off Hugh in Season 1, which would reignite their anger all over again.

Obviously, there's something off about Picard's original genetic structure, something he's passed on to Jack. Vadic suggested that Picard's diagnosis of Irumodic Syndrome was actually something else... so, what might that be?

I doubt the writers would shoehorn in some random incident from before TNG or after Nemesis that the audience has no knowledge of. What does that leave? I don't recall Picard ever having his genome fiddled with by anyone, unless it's going to be something silly like prolonged exposure to someone from the Q-continuum warping human genetic material.

What could Picard have passed on to Jack that makes him telepathic?

I'm suspecting it has to do with benign nanoprobes left over from Locutus. He's passed them to Jack, and when Jack touches someone, he passes his nanoprobes to that person, and is able to hear his/her thoughts, like a mini-Collective. I'm wondering if the face that Vadic talks to is the disembodied Locutus? Perhaps he wants Picard's body back. He also wants Jack's ability to pass nanoprobes via touch, foregoing tubules, so the Borg can stage a massive incursion of the Federation on Frontier Day. There'll be lots of handshakes and back pats and meet and greets of Starfleet personnel for the Borg to acquire new drones. And, if this is the case, combining Locutus with Jack, these will be human looking drones, not technological nightmare zombies :eek: :borg:

Also, I was afraid they'd killed Shaw for a second when the Changelings threw him out of the turbolift. I noticed him crying, however. I'll bet his PTSD from Wolf 359 is kicking in, thinking he's losing the Titan. My hope is, next episode, while Worf and Raffi are rescuing Riker and Troi, we see Shaw go into kickass John McClane mode, taking back the Titan :cool:

Also, I was afraid they'd killed Shaw for a second when the Changelings threw him out of the turbolift. I noticed him crying, however. I'll bet his PTSD from Wolf 359 is kicking in, thinking he's losing the Titan. My hope is, next episode, while Worf and Raffi are rescuing Riker and Troi, we see Shaw go into kickass John McClane mode, taking back the Titan :cool:
Yeah i thought, oh is this the end of Captain Shaw cause he was leading the defense against the Changelings while Seven was on the bridge. I'm like you go Cap but at the same time i was like don't die. we need your dipshit chicago ass.

Yeah i thought, oh is this the end of Captain Shaw cause he was leading the defense against the Changelings while Seven was on the bridge. I'm like you go Cap but at the same time i was like don't die. we need your dipshit chicago ass.

I want to see him on the offense next episode, taking his place among the greats of Starfleet captains :)

Back