Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x05 - "Imposters"

Engage!

• Total voters
Changelings have "evolved" somehow, and they could be anyone and we can't possibly detect them.
Which is weird, because that's where we were twenty years ago. Despite what this ep claims, you couldn't detect a Changeling by scanning them. My headcanon is that's something Starfleet was able to figure out post-war. (...Maybe by scanning their Changeling prisoner?)

The new Changelings might be "evolved" but they don't seem any more sneaky or dangerous than before. In fact, they often seem a little incompetent. Interested to see where it's going, hopefully it all makes sense in the end. :)

Is it not self explanatory? Paramount+ forces us to wait 24 hours after the US for no reason. There is no reason in 2023 that it can't be released at the same time or at least a couple of hours later.

They will have looked at when the most eyes will be on P+ in UK and timed the release to match that

Frustrating a hell for people like us who are in the 5% or more hardcore fans but the priority is getting as many eyes on it as possible and it must be that Friday releases get better reach over here

Good episode. Nice to have gotten it earlier than usual.

Current thoughts about Jack are, perhaps he isn't really Bev and JL's son, but a "cuckoo species" and doesn't yet know. To what end, I don't actually know.

Second idea, the issues are just part of genetic problem of Picard's relating to mental health, similar to JL's mother in S2. Some of the sequences remind me Picard's flashbacks in that... look up.

They had access to Odo for years, why could they not have figured out how to scan for Changelings from him?
Even Starfleet can't do things overnight. It may have taken years to get that breakthrough to detect Changelings, which in turn forced them to adapt.

Works for me.

Is it not self explanatory? Paramount+ forces us to wait 24 hours after the US for no reason. There is no reason in 2023 that it can't be released at the same time or at least a couple of hours later.
Had no idea. I watched it 6 hours ago in Japan. Didn’t know you had to wait.

They will have looked at when the most eyes will be on P+ in UK and timed the release to match that

Frustrating a hell for people like us who are in the 5% or more hardcore fans but the priority is getting as many eyes on it as possible and it must be that Friday releases get better reach over here
I've actually taken to downloading it illegally now, it's a joke.

Which is weird, because that's where we were twenty years ago. Despite what this ep claims, you couldn't detect a Changeling by scanning them. My headcanon is that's something Starfleet was able to figure out post-war. (...Maybe by scanning their Changeling prisoner?)

The new Changelings might be "evolved" but they don't seem any more sneaky or dangerous than before. In fact, they often seem a little incompetent. Interested to see where it's going, hopefully it all makes sense in the end. :)

I'm wondering if they have intentionally "de-evolved" some members of their species.

Lying bullshit.

Changelings could easily beat tricordor and transporter scans in the old days.

Phaser sweeps and blood testing was the only way to track them.

Odo was a shitty child Changeling, who didn't know how to use his powers well.

The only reason the changelings would attack is if Kira died.

Odo's love for her, which he shared with all of them, in the link, was the only thing keeping the AQ peaceful.

It's up early on UK P+ for some reason. I just watched it.

Back