Star Trek Merchandise and Memorabilia Thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by 1001001, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

You can see here where I added detail to the bridge docking bay, the impulse assembly, the pylons and even painted yellow running lights on the dorsal of the secondary hull. This is also another great look at how the grey pen can make the little details on the hull pop, like the access hatches. Also note the yellow running lights on either side of the impulse assembly:

[​IMG]
    I added subtle red circles around the secondary hull docking ports, yellow running lights on the front of the warp nacalles, and this is a good look at the subtle outline and color added to the maneuvering thruster assembly on the saucer.
    [​IMG]

saddestmoon likes this.
  2. Vger23

On the ventral surface of the saucer, I made the hatches "pop" with some grey outlining and a silver color job. I also colored in the triangular sections on the sensor dome. You can see the ventral phaser banks got the same detail that the dorsal ones got.
    [​IMG]
    I'm really proud of what I did here: I colored in the surrounding lights around the primary deflector which took a ton of detail. I also colored in the torpedo launchers red. I also silvered out those globes around the deflector. Came out great I think!
    [​IMG]

saddestmoon and Stingh2 like this.
  3. Vger23

I'm also proud of the detail I've done around the shuttle bay. Rear phasers, red lighting in the landing bay control room, sliver bay doors, etc.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was so much fun, and I love the way this came out. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

4. Stingh2

Stingh2 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Great job, looks amazing

Vger23 likes this.
  5. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

I wonder if they will ever publish Star Trek Technical Manual Books, such as:
    • Geordi La Forge's Guide To The Enterprise 1701-E
    • J.J. Abrams Kelvin Timeline Star Fleet Technical Manual

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

One of my favorite items. Having Janeway scold you to get out of bed in the morning is quite motivating!

[​IMG]

ToddKent, saddestmoon, Astra and 2 others like this.
  7. Stingh2

Stingh2 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

LOL I have never seen this item before. Have to try and find an audio clip of it.:)

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Stingh2 and Balok's Decoy like this.
  9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

10. Notribble

Notribble Ensign Newbie

I just found some 25th anniversary star trek plates of spock and kirk in a thrift store. I passed on scotty and McCoy, though. I don't know how to post pics...

11. Hey Missy

Hey Missy Captain Captain

I just never liked the almost styrofoam-feeling plastic they made the original A and TWOK 'Prises out of. Felt really flimsy and light bled through horribly.

12. Vger23

Have you seen/felt the original Art Asylum A released in 2003? It's very different from other releases. Mine has no light bleed, no translucence and is very well put together.

saddestmoon and publiusr like this.
  13. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OK late birthday present but I just got the soundtrack CD for Star Trek Into Darkness, and Star Trek Beyond.

But I already have these and now also have two copies of Oblivion.

So if anyone wants a sealed copy of Star Trek Beyond and Oblivion hit me up in a PM

14. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I already have the Beyond soundtrack and am not interested in the other one, but you may want to specify whether the Beyond soundtrack you have is the one or two-disc version.

15. Gingerbread Demon

Yeah it's the single disk version 18 tracks.

I'm disappointed to know there were different versions of the soundtrack for both this and Into Darkness.... That has a 30 track version.

I only have single disk versions of both, and one thing irked me they didn't have that alternative version of the theme tune shown during the end credits of the movies. And I wanted Rhianna's song but it's on there either :(

I ended up finding that one on Zdigital

16. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks fantastic. I have the same model in a box somewhere - I might resurrect it, but I'd need to get a new stand. I think the top of the saucer had gone a bit yellow too.

What kind of pens did you use?

Vger23 likes this.
  17. Gingerbread Demon

Did anyone ever build the AMT / Ertl Enterprise A from the movies? For me the nacelles seemed just too heavy and once assembled they kept pulling at the lower hull and that was only two plates that were supposed to be glued in place, After a while if you hadn't glued it properly it would fly apart..

The model was most excellent in every other way with scored panel lines and sunken windows where windows should be. It was a lovely model but that lower hull and pylons was a real bona fide pain in the ass to fix.

18. Captain Indecisive

Captain Indecisive Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello,

I signed up to the site in the hopes of getting a question answered about the home releases of the movies, however, it seems I can't post a new topic yet and I'm pressed for time so I need to cheat slightly and ask my question here. Although the home releases are merchandise. ;)

Has anyone here bought Star Trek I to VI on iTunes with iTunes Extras? I'm trying to decide whether to but the ability to preview the Extras package is very limited.

The first five films have a tab called “Production” and I to VI have section entitled “The Star Trek Universe”. Anybody got any details as to what is featured on these and the running time? Is it actual behind the scenes documentaries on the development and filming the film it is attached to or just the unnecessary fluff that often attaches itself to iTunes Extras and BluRay.

Thanks

19. Captain Indecisive

Captain Indecisive Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Actually I also need details about the iTunes Extras on the 2009 Star Trek?

20. Vger23

I used a set of Master Micro Pens. They have many different sizes of black, which REALLY came in handy when detailing different sized windows. I primarily used the blacks, silver, grey, brown, bright blue, red and orange pens.

Link to the set I bought:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Master-M...2674&wl11=online&wl12=152699381&wl13=&veh=sem

Tomalak likes this.