Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 4x04 - "Something Borrowed, Something Green"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
I mean, if I went around basing my opinion of everyone on whether I agreed with everything they've said, I wouldn't like hardly anyone.
Seems kind of a major difference for a lot of us who live in reality in this case.

It's interesting how in the Danny Masterson thread people are rightfully denouncing him for the piece of shit that he is, and rightfully calling out those who defend him, but it when it comes to rightfully denouncing people who support trump, who is a thousand times the piece of trash that Masterson is, it suddenly becomes "separate the artist from the art".

It's interesting how in the Danny Masterson thread people are rightfully denouncing him for the piece of shit that he is, and rightfully calling out those who defend him, but it when it comes to rightfully denouncing people who support trump, who is a thousand times the piece of trash that Masterson is, it suddenly becomes "separate the artist from the art".
I don’t even know who Danny Masterson is and this philosophy is something I apply to everyone. Just because someone may be a complete fool in their politics doesn’t mean he can’t do art I like. Another example would be Clapton, whose recent episodes of racism and other far-right foolishness can only obtain my disdain but whose guitar playing I totally respect.

How else do I enjoy art?

I haven't been in that thread but I would have the same opinion that I have expressed here

With Probert it's not just "supporting Trump" it's believing that freaking Robert Kennedy was coming back from the dead. (If I don't have the detail precise I'm not going to dig into the muck to find the correct version.)

But really, are we putting "supporting Trump" (AFAIK Probert didn't even march on the Capitol) at the same level as "Literally sent to prison for rape"?

I love The Time Machine and Pygmalion. Both authors were Grade A Eugenicists. In the case of Shaw he didn't get the hint even after WWII. So yeah. Art, not artist.

On May 9th of this year, a civil court awarded E. Jean Carroll $5 million after finding trump guilty of sexual abuse and defamation. Is it a lesser offense in your eyes because it's a civil case of not a criminal one? Not in mine.

On May 9th of this year, a civil court awarded E. Jean Carroll $5 million after finding trump guilty of sexual abuse and defamation. Is it a lesser offense in your eyes because it's a civil case of not a criminal one? Not in mine.
No, it's a lesser offense because Probert didn't do it.

If the designer of the Orville thinks that this 70's Show person is just the best-y-est then maybe we'd be on common ground. Kinda.

Lower Decks, guys, discuss it. There's places on the board to discuss politics and politics related stuff. This is not here.

As for Andrew Probert: I realize he's a public figure and I feel with those who are greatly disappointed about the man's political convictions, but I also gotta recognize that he's a member of this board (even though he hasn't logged on for six years) and as such his person, character and convictions are not to be the topic of discussion here. Talk about the man's work, but leave out the other stuff. As far as I know he has never used this board to spout his political beliefs, so don't bring in stuff you found about him elsewhere on the internet. We don't do that here.

Back