Star Trek INtakes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Ar-Pharazon, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

This channel has been coming up in my youtube recommended list. So far it seems to be TNG only, and I'm not sure what to make of them.

Are they the final scenes with bloopers fan-edited back in? They seem to be the aired scenes except one small bit that could only have been an outtake. Whatever else, it may be funnier seeing the blooper "left in" instead of in a blooper reel.

Arpy, Qonundrum and NCC-73515 like this.
  2. JesterFace

JesterFace Commodore Commodore

I'm in some way scared of watching these messed up scenes, if someone starts laughing hysterically after some line I might expect it will happen in the final product when watching the episode. Obviously it won't happen in the final cut but might those laughs or something like that affect the way I see the episode later? I don't know. I won't risk it. :)

For the same reason I'm not interested in behind the scenes material. I already kind of know how the sliding doors work and that's somehow annoying.

Qonundrum and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

In the second example I posted, Geordie drops the PADD, or whatever he was fiddling with, but the way it's edited back into the finished scene, it's like it was meant to be there. No reaction from the others except Worf jumps a little.

Weird, but funny in a different way than as a blooper and really good editing on the ones I've seen so far.

Qonundrum likes this.
  4. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes.

5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the In-Takes. They're an immediate click when I see them show up in my subscriptions page.

Qonundrum likes this.
  6. Ar-Pharazon

Thanks. Despite having the blu-rays, I only ever watched the episodes. I've seen a few of the blooper reels on YT, so I know that's where the Data one is from.

Qonundrum and Tosk like this.
  7. Michael

Michael Set to stun Moderator

Yes! I think they're ingenious. But besides being just hilarious, they also highlight what an artificial, stiff and unrealistic environment these characters mostly exist in. No-one ever goofs up, misspeaks, stumbles or just plain behaves awkwardly.

Qonundrum, Gepard and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  8. Ar-Pharazon

Except Barkley ;)

Qonundrum likes this.
  9. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've always wondered that myself. Why not leave in a throat-clear? A sneeze? A bump into a plant. You could totally leave in a PADD drop. I mean, that's something that happens at meetings, right? Someone leaves their phone on, knocks over a drink, dumps their purse.
    That's, like, what happens in life.

Qonundrum, Ar-Pharazon and Michael like this.
  10. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Commodore Commodore

I thought I had seen the blooper reels, but most of these are new to me

Qonundrum and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  11. Michael

Michael Set to stun Moderator

I must say, editing those outtakes back into their original scenes is one of those obvious and easily executed ideas that are so good that I'm really angry at myself for not coming up with it myself. Those are really the kind of creative ideas I wish I would have. :lol:

Qonundrum, NCC-73515 and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon