Star Trek Haynes Manual Discussion?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Admiral_Young, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I disagree that it is confirmed that it "wasn't the intent". There were so many bizarre holes in that program that it may well have been proven to be an inaccurate account once the proposed Season Five was underway. Maybe not Section 31, but some other reason.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^No, I don't think the intent was for it to be a coverup. As I understand it, the "bizarre holes" result from the fact that TATV was originally intended to be set in the same year as the rest of the season, but when the show was cancelled they decided to change it to 2161 and call it the date of the Federation's founding, but the rewrite was very cursory and so it still feels like a story set in 2155 -- nobody's been promoted, no reference to the Romulan War, Deanna saying it would "one day become" the Federation, etc. The oddities weren't the result of some clever secret intent, but of simple sloppiness.

3. craig keith

craig keith Lieutenant Red Shirt

I agree with this totally,the final episode was just plain sloppy. And there was no need at all to Kill Trip. It was a worse death then Tasha's,at least hers had some meaning.

It was a great same as the season finale was taken from Manny Coto who turned Enterprise's 4th Season into some of the best episodes of trek. A lot of good trek was written by Berman and Braga but it just seemed they wanted to get out of the franchise as quickly as they could, and they did not care how they left it.