Star Trek Episodes that would have a good basis for a movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by The Overlord, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

That's amazing! Exactly what I envisioned actually. Would have made for a terrific film.

DaddlerTheDalek and Khan 2.0 like this.
  2. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

The Wrath of Surak
    The Wrath of Spot

3. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Wrath Of The Rathtars (a crossover movie).

4. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

The Wrath of the redshirts

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Oooh, a non-cyborg zombie flick!

6. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

The wrath of Kes. Oh, wait, they already did that (badly) with Fury

7. Scotchy

Scotchy Commander Red Shirt

Garth of Izar (maybe in the JJ-verse) - they could tell the story of where it all went wrong, starting on Antos. A shape-shifting starship Captain that is losing his mind could be interesting.

8. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

The Inner Light
    Cogenitor
    The Cage
    Emanations, but without the religious twist

So many to choose from. But that's not what the masses want to see, unfortunately.

9. Jbarney

Jbarney Captain Captain

I've always thought "Arena" would have been a great episode to link to the big screen.....having the Gorn as villains in a movie would have been pretty satisfying. Explore people's fear of lizards added with modern special effects and could be great. Hell, we could see this in the Kelvin Timeline.

publiusr likes this.
  10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

"All Good Things" would have been a great TNG movie and you could even adapt it to being a TOS movie. Have Shatner play old KIrk and Pine play current and younger KIrk. Replace Q with Trelane.

Jason

11. thetrellan

thetrellan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Perhaps not an entire movie, but All Our Yesterdays seems to have left something implied but unsaid. In the end Mr. Atoz is seen fleeing to the past. This could explain the presence of more than one of him earlier. He's old, probably has no desire to start a new life, and has simply decided to finish his days in service to the library. So when the end comes, he travels back to the start of that service, and each Atoz in the library is himself living his own career over again.

12. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have you played the 2013 Kelvin-verse video game, or at least watched the cut scenes? http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_(video_game)

13. Space Coast

Space Coast Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Year of Hell, but I say keep the reset button ending - any reset button ending is excused when it involves kamikazeing your ship into the button.
    Yesterday's Enterprise - or just bringing out the Enterprise-C for a film. I like to imagine it as a sort of Starfleet Flying Dutchman equivalent, appearing out of holes in spacetime and bringing paradoxes and woe in its wake.

14. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Pretty much any episode with Q. Why he was never used as the antagonist in a Next Generation movie, I will never understand.

15. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I'm kinda glad they never used him, as much as his character was amusing, I never bought into the concept of the continuum, I thought it was a step too far, way too far for Trek in fact, and I suspect the powers that be probably thought the cinema going public would feel the same too. The Genesis device has nothing on these guys. :techman: