Star Trek Episodes that would have a good basis for a movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by The Overlord, Nov 8, 2016.

1. The Overlord

The Overlord Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We will know Wrath of Khan is sequel to Space Seed and First Contact is a sequel to Best of Both Worlds and those are considered 2 of the best movies of the original movie franchise.

What other episodes would have made a great basis for a movie?

2. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I know it's not a particularly original answer but a follow up to Conspiracy would have made a great movie.

3. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

maybe a Body Snatchers conspiracy sequel would've worked a lot better than Nemesis (they couldn't really follow FC up with another body horror sequel to a tv ep but they could've done it for STX).

Insurrection could've been a Mirror Universe sequel (e.g. at the end of FC Geordies wormhole takes them to the mirrorverse)

and Generations could've used Yesterdays Enterprise as a template like the way some of TOS movies used various episodes

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Doomsday Machine. Base it on the novel Vendetta, and show us them fighting the things they were designed to: The Borg.

Six of Twelve and publiusr like this.
  5. USS Belmont

USS Belmont Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always thought they could have done rescue of Tom Riker as a TNG/DS9 crossover movie...

6. The Lonely Man

The Lonely Man Commander Red Shirt

Unification would have been a good starting point, that's a pretty big story in the Trek universe.

OtherGene and Armus like this.
  7. Steve Gennarelli

Steve Gennarelli Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm still waiting and hoping that the JJ universe will do a "Mirror, Mirror" based film....

8. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

City on the Edge of Forever
    Balance of Terror
    The Doomsday Machine
    Yesterday's Enterprise

9. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were all kinds of loose ends from the series that should have been addressed in the movies!

The Wrath of Gary Mitchell
    The Wrath of Charlie X
    The Wrath of Harry Mudd
    The Wrath of Cyrano Jones
    The Wrath of Miri
    The Wrath of Balok
    The Wrath of Lazarus
    The Wrath of Flint

The possibilities are almost endless. :techman:

Kor

Armus likes this.
  10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Yesterday's Enterprise" as a full-on TOS/TNG crossover. The Enterprise-A comes out of the rift and has to go back to certain heroic death in order to save history...

Tomalak and Galileo7 like this.
  11. RColtrane

RColtrane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"The Changeling" merged with "The Doomsday Machine" resulted in ST TMP. But I would love to see a new movie based on "The Doomsday Machine" only. An no, nothing borg-crap related!

somebuddyX and Tesophius like this.
  12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty much any episode that had planetary and space components.

"Who Mourns for Adonais?" would make an interesting movie. Apollo as the central foe, Spock and Kirk working against him from different angles, the whole "Ancient Aliens" subplot.

13. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

"The Man Trap", more salt creatures. It wasn't the last one. ;) Do it like an Alien franchise film.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wish Voyager's return home would have been an actual movie.

I think Year of Hell could have been a decent movie if it didn't have a reset button ending.

15. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Any DS9 episode where Odo leads a criminal investigation--it would make for a very different Trek film, but with the Quadrants best investigator on the case then it would definitely be a great story to follow on a bigger scale.

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Wrath of Salt Monsters. :techman:

Kor

17. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

The Man Trap: The Revenge
    This Time it's Personal

18. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, that's the one. I think Ron Moore basically said as much in the commentary. They blew the movie premise there.

The slight problem would have been the fact that Spock, Bones and Scotty couldn't have died, but you could easily solve that by keeping the basic premise of the early part of Generations - Kirk attends the launch of the Enterprise-B, there's an emergency, the captain is killed and Jim steps up. He sacrifices himself and the Enterprise to save the Klingons and prevent a war, with the rest playing out like YE.

Obviously you'd make Worf the main villain in the alternate reality (why wasn't Dorn the voice of the Klingon captain in YE anyway?), but I don't know about including Yar. I'm not sure Denise had the acting chops for the big screen.

Replace the Yar role with a new character, and have the love interest with Kirk instead of Castillo. You could still have Koenig in the film, make Chekov the Enterprise-B's first officer if you like.

Khan 2.0 likes this.
  19. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Essentially this https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/yesterdays-enterprise-the-motion-picture-trailer.284079/

I can just picture Shatner relishing being in command of a new crew for the whole movie :D

I remember thinking the same about not having worfs voice the end of YE..maybe it was thought to be too coincidental? (Worf was the villain in IDWs The Last Generation which would've also made for a good movie)

20. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Starship Mine could make for a decent Die Hard in space movie. As it's mostly about Picard maybe it could be an anthology story? If it was successful it could spawn some sequels too although not too many as we don't want to end up with Starship Mine Nine.

somebuddyX likes this.