Star Trek Discovery Writing Staff

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by The Habs Fan, Jan 26, 2017.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

3. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

When did @RAMA become a spambot?

Locutus of Bored, Gepard and Kemaiku like this.
  4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Christopher, I know it is a different medium. However, since you are an author of Star Trek novels, if asked, would you write an episode of STDiscovery ?

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I like how the creative team keeps tweeting about the show.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I could certainly use the money, but it seems unlikely. The writing process in TV these days is very staff-driven, not as freelancer-driven as it used to be, and I have no TV experience.

7. Galileo7

Your Star Trek novels prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are a talented writer and I am sure you could write in the television script medium. Television scripts are not as complicated to write as novels. Novels are the highest and hardest level of writing in my opinion. Such immense detail. If you ever submit a spec script, via your agent, to STDiscovery I would not be surprised if you were offered a staff position for season two. When you see Star Trek television episodes or films you must, on occasion, think how you could have improved the narrative.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's not about whether I think I could write scripts, it's about whether they'd be likely to see me as a prospect. I think they'd be more likely to ask Dave Mack than me, because he has actual experience in the field. And I have zero interest in being on a TV writing staff. Too much work and responsibility, and my one trip to LA two decades ago was enough to convince me I'd never want to live there. I tried pitching to DS9 and VGR back in the day and finally decided I'd rather concentrate on prose. I'd be open to the occasional freelance script gig, since it does pay really well compared to novels, but I'm not interested in joining a staff.

9. Galileo7

It is good you definitely know what you want and do not want regarding your writing career.

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

11. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

After he uploaded himself into the Singularity.

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Galileo7 likes this.
  13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

That's nice, but you're not even posting newsworthy information, you're seemingly just posting everything they say (and you're doing it in other threads too), in which case people can just follow their twitter feeds if they want that. Please restrict yourself to quality and newsworthy tweets over quantity from now on and stop posting every one-line tweet making a random observation.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Actually the thread is about the writing staff and most of the posts are from the head writing producer and he often gives hints about the show in his tweets, often in innocuous posts. I weed out the less interesting ones and post the more relevant ones (as with the current one, which is only the 3rd photo of Yeoh involved with the show...........and also the backstage photos, as I was the first person here and elsewhere to share them and they became quite a topic of convo and shared as news stories on media sites in their own right) and will continue to do so as I see fit.

We are in the unique position in Trek history to have a stream of communications from behind the scenes and this is a good place to collect a select few. I can also give a breakdown why some the ones posted are relevant since you don't seem to understand..

RAMA

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Michael likes this.
  17. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Aww, someone's a bit testy. Did you accidentally miss leg day and it threw off your whole week? Look, if you want to go ahead and keep doing it, by all means. Just be aware that you have been notified.:shrug:I don't want to warn you, I would prefer to just ask you politely and you behave like an adult, but if you always refuse to do that when a mod asks you something...

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It IS leg day Dave!!!!!!! *in best Chris Obi voice

19. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Considering how much ridiculous negativity the internet contains, and how many doom posts I'e read everywhere - it's nice to see soomeone excited enough to keep posting good news.

Michael and RAMA like this.
  20. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it odd I've got a favorite writer already just from following them on twitter? Ha!

GeekFilter likes this.