Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 3x09 - "Terra Firma, Part 1"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Dec 9, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

17.3%
  2. 9

21.8%
  3. 8

19.8%
  4. 7

16.3%
  5. 6

8.9%
  6. 5

5.4%
  7. 4

4.0%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

3.0%
  1. Midquest

Midquest Captain Captain

RMB has certainly leaked other insider material in the past. For example, he had access to the Dune 2021 screenplay. The way I look at it, if he's right and he hates it, I'll probably love it. But I can't forgive potentially spoiling the reveal for people. That's in exceedingly poor taste.

Do we know what he was talking about with show up in this episode versus the second half of the two parter?

Turtletrekker likes this.
  2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

All I see is a circling circle... no show or movie plays

Edit: it works in firefox, just not in chrome

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No guardian of forever. RMB was speaking bull

Markonian, Noah_23 and Turtletrekker like this.
  4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

hmm looks like an alternate timeline of the mirror universe was just created....

seigezunt and Markonian like this.
  5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did they just go into an alternate timeline again. So one timeline is prime, one timeline is the Kelvin Universe, and the other timeline now is the Mirror Universe where Stamets dies and doesn't appear to our Stamets via the Mycelial network?

That was a pretty good episode. That was a bit unexpected (I say that as someone who purposefully doesn't read spoilers) to go back to the Mirror Universe, but Yeoh knocked it out of the park, and we finally got to see Mirror Burnham and Captain Killy. Looking forward to part 2.

I'll give that episode an 8.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I'm getting error codes 1101 and 3306 as well but iOS devices work.

7. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Not bad, but I also kinda felt sorta indifferent to this episode mainly because I’m over the Mirror universe a tad. Should be interesting to see what part II does, and if it comes down to an It’s a Wonderful Life ending.

There was some scenery being chewed by SMG, and I loved it.

As is tradition.

Titus Andronicus likes this.
  8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has it been reported that Jason Issacs is coming back to Discovery. I would love to see Lorca in this storyline, and maybe they finally answer where Prime Lorca went?

It was nice to see the CSI Captain appear in Star Trek. I knew he looked familiar.

Markonian, Campe and Yistaan like this.
  9. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

RMB said the Guardian of Forever would appear in the flesh. That might be Carl, or it might not. It is curious that he is reading "The Star Dispatch".

10. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry this just wasn't very good. Why bother going to the 32nd century if you're going to waste episodes on old plots like the Mirror Universe?

Not liking the "revelation" that time traveling to an alternate universe causes you to discorporate. And there's only one known instance from the Temporal Wars? Really? The very act of time travel can cause an alternate universe.

Also have they forgotten that the crew of the Narada was in the Kelvin timeline for 25 years without discorporating?

Nice to see some old faces again like Rekha Sharma, and I think I saw Hannah Cheesman playing a non-cyborg Mirror Airiam. It also seems Mirror Rhys and Mirror Nilsson are in a relationship, whereas over in our timeline I'm not even sure Rhys and Nilsson have even talked to each other.

I do admit I found myself liking seeing a god like alien in live action Trek again, even though I historically haven't liked such episodes.

11. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can tell you this much -- my two Lorca-loving roommates are going to be foaming at the mouth in hopes of Part 2 bringing back Isaacs. :lol:

12. Precious Tritium

Precious Tritium Commander Red Shirt

9 for me. Discovery’s version of the MU is my favourite and I just love watching Michelle Yeoh work.

Sonequa was killing it this week as well, but really when doesn’t she?

If that’s supposed to be the Guardian of Forever then I’m digging it. I love when Disco gets weird and moreso when it just commits to that weirdness.

13. mattman8907

During the ceremony and the party scene I was expecting to see mirror versions of say Cornwell and Pike. Be a nice way to bring back Anson Mount and Jayne Brook.

Yistaan likes this.
  14. Jadeb

Jadeb Commodore Commodore

How great was Mirror Burnham? I really enjoyed her.

I thought this was good fun, in a whackadoo sort of way. It’s a Wonderfully Evil Life with a touch of Doctor Who.

15. mattman8907

at first i thought it was prime Burnham pulling a fast one on ole Pippa. but then i realize holy crap thats the real evil Mirror Burnham.

16. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Something I love about Discovery is how frequently new episodes include stuff I never would have seen coming. As an example, I had a hunch this two-parter might go to the Mirror Universe but I hadn't anticipated we'd get such great material for not just one but two Sarus.

seigezunt and Kzinti like this.
  17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They didn’t travel in time as far as Georgiou did.

Markonian likes this.
  18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn’t expecting a return to the Mirror Universe (or a Mirror Universe. I’m not sure which yet) or that the ship in the nebula was a Kelpian ship.

if in the next episode it isn’t revealed that Carl is the Guardian of Forever than that dude was full of it.

Markonian likes this.
  19. Titus Andronicus

Titus Andronicus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that episode wasn't quite what I expected.

And for that, I loved it. I can't wait to see Part 2!

Markonian, Noah_23 and Ketrick like this.
  20. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well...! If the 31 show is about a new Mirror 31 that Georgiou creates as the secret good guys after getting a taste of the Federation, I'm much more curious, and I'll watch it :biggrin: