Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 2x12 - "Through the Valley of Shadows"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Apr 4, 2019.

?

Hit it!

1. 10 - It passes with flying colors.

21.8%
  2. 9

27.2%
  3. 8

25.9%
  4. 7

12.1%
  5. 6

5.4%
  6. 5

2.1%
  7. 4

1.7%
  8. 3

0.4%
  9. 2

0.8%
  10. 1 - This is not the Trek I'm loyal to.

2.5%
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Progenitors created all of the other humanoid races at around the same time, so maybe they've all just followed a fairly similar rate of progression.
    As for the whole time crystal, advanced tech debate, Trek and other shows do this kind of thing all the time, so I just don't really think about it anymore. If someone wants to try to explain away later, that's fine, but otherwards at this point, I just shrug my shoulders and move on.

fireproof78 likes this.
  2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    We never got a detailed explanation of how the Eymorg women installed Spock's brain into their central computer network. All we were told is that it was placed in the central node and light rays of some kind connected his brain to the Eymorg underground power and environmental systems.

3. Trinity Gingerbread

Trinity Gingerbread Time is ticking away, tick, tick, ticking away. Premium Member

And then Dr McCoy dug out an RC controller and was piloting Spock. I bet he's wanted to do that a long time.

4. Spectre Of The Fun

Spectre Of The Fun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Connected kind of like the light rays on Barkley's head in TNG's the Nth Degree?

What I want to know is did Kara pack Spock's Brain on ice in a cooler for transport off the Enterprise?

I wonder how the Providers exert control over the people and technology they use to enslave the thralls in Gamesters. They are disembodied brains as well. Something like (invisible?) light rays must connect them to their tech. Of course they have also given Galt a lot of power to enforce their will.

5. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm glad I got my eye examinations, both for vitreous sep and for new glasses, completely out of the way before I even bought the Season 2 DVD set. Having instruments in close proximity to my eyes is harrowing enough, without Control's affinity for attacking eyes fresh in my mind (sort of like ceti eels' affinity for ears).

Trinity Gingerbread likes this.