Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 2x08 - "If Memory Serves"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Mar 7, 2019.

?

Hit it!

1. 10 - A mind-blowing episode.

49.6%
  2. 9

26.1%
  3. 8

14.7%
  4. 7

5.1%
  5. 6

2.2%
  6. 5

0.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - I imagined better.

0.4%
  1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Vice Admiral Admiral

I completely missed the mention of duotronics in this episode.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

So did I. I did, however, catch the mention of an "SQL injection". Interesting how today's concept of the structured query language for modern database systems will live on for at least another 2-300 years! :lol:

3. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

10/10. I'm a bit late throwing in my two cents about this episode, and while I haven't managed to read through all 64 pages in this thread, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything particularly new or insightful to add, so I'll try to keep it brief. in short, I loved it. In fact, I slightly surprised myself when I found myself thinking, "I love this show," which I doubt is something I would have thought during season one. I did like the first season, mostly, but if I'm being honest, there was probably also this feeling that I was partly watching it out of a sense of obligation because it has Star Trek in the title. However, I'm now at the point where I can comfortably say that I'm really liking/loving Discovery. When I saw the preview, I had some niggling qualms about the Talosians looking slightly different than they did in TOS, but those thoughts evaporated almost instantly as I got sucked into the story.

4. Vger23

Vger23 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My biggest worry is that people, especially the on-the-fence skeptics, will set this as the new bar, which I'm not sure is at all fair or realistic.

This was an instant Trek classic. I have no expectation that tonight will compare, nor will I feel that "DISKUVRY IZ TEH SUX UHGAIN" if it fails to do so.

I hope people are prepared to take it all in stride.

5. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It doesn't have to be a classic as long as it is entertaining. Something Discovery has been very hit-and-miss on up to this point.

6. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, I just remembered something I wanted to say before. As soon as Culber was brought back to life a few episodes ago, I've been hoping that the writers would acknowledge the fact that he and Tyler were, in a weird way, kind of alike now, so I was glad that Ash addressed that at the end of their confrontation.

7. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally didn't make this connection until Tyler said it flat out, and I was pretty blown away by it. That was some clever writing.

Vger23 likes this.
  8. RedAlert

RedAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok. This was cool.

9. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

When Leiland appeared on the viewscreen, the never-staying-still Disco camerawork was happening on the S31 bridge camera. While I love how Disco is shot, even when Skype is tracking your movement it doesn't look like that.

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

This is unavoidable...

CommanderRaytas, PiotrB and Vger23 like this.