Star Trek Continues: Episode 4 and beyond?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

True.

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

3. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I am loving both STC and STP2/NV. They really capture that Trek essence, right down to the music cues, lighting, and the TOS feel. There's room in the world for both productions. And they do feel more Star Trek than Abrams's reboot films, although I do enjoy the Abrams films for what they are.

Lolani was the best ep of STC so far, IMO. It genuinely felt like a lost episode of TOS. I forgot I was watching a fan film at times .

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

One nugget from this podcast was the statement that Episode 4 will be the third of the three episodes that STC's first Kickstarter drive was to pay from, in accordance with their stated intent. It appears that after Episode 4 there will likely be another Kickstarter drive to fund additional episodes.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It never fucking fails. Some one with a need to bash the Abrams films in a thread that has zero to do with them.

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Can't argue with that.

7. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nope.

At their best, fan films service a segment of existing fandom very well; that's what they're designed to do.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You do realize you already responded to that comment?

9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Oops. Oh, well, I suppose it deserved repeating. :lol:

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Well, at least you're consistent.

On topic: what news from the front? Has Vic leaked any more tidbits about ep #4?

11. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It's still early, but like the previous outings they're being tight lipped. This as opposed to the rumours and gems usually leaked out about upcoming Hollywood film projects.

But over the next months we'll start to hear things being hinted at as well as guest stars. Prior to "Lolani" we heard we'd see a woman in a position of authority. We later heard Erin Gray had been cast as a guest performer. But no one (to my knowledge) put it together that she would play a Starfleet Commodore. We heard about Lou Ferrigno, but no one (again, to my knowledge) guessed he'd be an Orion slave trader.

The tidbits leaked about "Fairest Of Them All" were the most revealing, but again although we learned it would be a Mirror Universe story and it was to be a direct followup we had no idea how it would unfold. Several weeks before release we did learn the basic idea of the story (what happened when the MU landing party returned home) and that there were no further crossover of characters involved.

So I imagine it will be much the same pattern again for us to try to piece things together from the tidbits dropped.

12. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    On The Continuing Mission podcast, Vic mentioned that they would be filming episode four late this year.

13. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

So that could mean a release either very late in the year or early next year, similar to them releasing "Lolani" last February. Something like that.

I have heard rumblings about a planet story over the next few episodes, but I've no idea when we could see that. They've said they would like to do that kind of story, but there are challenges involved. I also heard something about a space adventure (well, technically they're all space adventure) that could possibly involve other ships.

14. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

A Farragut crossover could also be interesting. STC has a lot of potential for future stories and I think the quality of their work to date is going to make a huge impression on potential donors for their next Kickstarter.

If they can sustain this rate of production, it won't be long before they pass PII in total output.

15. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Yes, I listen to Continuing Mission every day. I heard that also. Followed by another Kickstarter for more episodes.
    :bolian:

16. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Contrary to what was said above, I do not "need" to bash JJTrek. I just enjoy doing so. (Seriously, I enjoyed ST09, but thought STID did not measure up even to that effort.)

17. doubleohfive

There's already been one, in Farragut's "The Price of Anything."

There was a time (nearly a decade ago) I'd have been thrilled to see a three-way fan film extravaganza - Exeter, New Voyages, and Farragut join forces to tell an epic story, but time, personal politics, and lack of interest by the aforementioned parties seems to have nipped that glint in the bud. To which I'm not grateful, because the last thing I want to see anymore are crossovers.

18. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A couple of things I'd like to see. So far the eps have pretty much been "bottle shows", that is, most of the action taking place on Enterprise itself. I understand the reason for that but it'd be nice if they could put a star-base into one. Maybe a "Vanguard" style base (but probably not Vanguard itself, too many issues for that).

Also since they have a "Marlena Moreau", maybe give us a story about the "prime universe" incarnation of that character. I can understand TOS not revisiting the character but to the best of my knowledge she's never even popped up in the novel-verse.

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

But I wanted Episode #4 yesterday. :(

20. doubleohfive

Memory Beta has several listings/descriptions of her appearances in the novels:

Marlena Moreau (prime)

Marlena Moreau (mirror)