Star Trek characters in dreams

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by LMFAOschwarz, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I dreamed once that some friends of mine were going to Starfleet academy...that dream ended with Captain Picard teaching me to use a tricorder. We were on a ship's bridge.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to have dreams where I was on the generic cave set of the TNG/DS9/VOY era with some of the TNG people doing random things. I died a lot of the time too, but kept coming back.... probably didn't help that I was wearing red. ;)

3. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool thread.

Interesting dreams. I've probably had a couple of dreams but none were anything spectacular. One dream I remember I was in school (this was maybe 20 years ago) and I was firing a phaser at another kid, but it was a very dim green glowing beam that was only restraining the kid, like a tractor beam/rope.

The most memorable went something like this:

There was a huge all out war happening on the surface of some planet. It was a reddish planet with a yellow sunset in the background, and there were reddish hills in the background also. Two factions were going at it heavily on the ground, one was piloting huge Mechs like the ones from MechWarrior, and the the other faction (assumingly the federation) was fighting with Starfleet Shuttlecraft and Runabouts. It reminded me of the future battle scene from T2, but on a sunset rather than at night.

So they're both going at it, Mechs stomping around, firing laser beams and particle balls, and the shuttles firing phasers and torpedoes. I remember one of the shuttles got hit, and it started to come down in a descent to crash, but the "Shuttle" was a 90's Jeep Cherokee (flying like a Starfleet shuttle), and it was coming down straight toward me (I wasn't scared because in the dream I was a "spectator" but not really there) and I could see the guy inside screaming on his way down, and he looked almost exactly like Ralph from "The Greatest American Hero".

So as soon as the main windshield of the Cherokee "shuttle" get pretty much right in front of me, immediately the dream switches to someone shuffling a body bag right into one of the sick bay beds. In front of the bag, Beverly Crusher and that girl Amanda (I think that's her name, from that episode "True Q") are both standing there, with Amanda wearing that pink spandex suit, or whatever it was. So she is about to open the zipper of the bag, and Crusher says something like "Hmm, no I wouldn't do that if I were you". The assumption was that it was the body of the guy who crashed in the Jeep Shuttle, and that he was already starting to decay, that's what my mind "knew".

And that's where that weird ass dream ended for me.

4. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had two Trek dreams so far:

-My first was one of those manic dreams induced by severe flu. I was in a great deal of pain and discomfort, but I dreamt that Dr. McCoy himself was treating me. Suddenly I felt a bit relieved, and that I had at least 42 minutes for him to cure me ;)

-Second one is a bit odder, but I had a dream where the Enterprise-E dove into some sort of a large bioship with a leathery-looking tan "hull." The odd thing though, was that this collision was in the same angle as the collision with the Scimitar. The E-E didn't penetrate the bioship, but the saucer ended up almost like in a resting position on top of it. But the oddest of all was that I had this dream before Insurrection (back when I was enamored with the Sovereign), and I had the keenest sense of deja vu when I saw the trailer for Nemesis.

Of course, rationally speaking, such a shooting angle for any collision like the one in Nemesis isn't necessarily unique -- we've seen that with police cars and fighter jets and the like filmed from the top down. And the underside of the saucer is relatively flat compared to the rest of the ship, so I suppose my mind simply docked her.

5. -SS-

-SS- Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I was on a big luxurious train and Colm Meaney was the grizzled, jaded bartender.

6. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Man, mine are always gruesome. I took a short nap and dreamed that I was stuck in some place with Checkov and some other people. There were a bunch of aliens there, they were somewhat unfriendly and were imprisoning us in a place sort of like a hospital. I can't remember much but the green aliens were making bad jokes and for some reason they ended up skinning Checkov alive. He was still alive for the rest of the dream, we could see him on screens in all the rooms, and he sort of curled up in a leather chair.

7. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Man, nureintier, yours make me glad that dreams don't have a screen-grab feature! :eek:

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So is this the Inspiration for the new slasher film, Star Trek: Night of the Living Redshirts? ;)

9. IzzyAtWarp9

IzzyAtWarp9 Commander Red Shirt

I have soooo many Trek dreams. Mainly they're about various people I know turning up at Starfleet Academy. I had one where I was kidnapped by Khan and taken to a shed where he'd also got Kirk and Julian. That was pretty random.