Star Trek: CAPTAIN PIKE

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Bixby, May 6, 2015.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

And, of course, Starfleet is full of people from the same families.

Ugh.

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

You say that now, but wait until my pilot "Star Trek: Ultimate Generations War" gets picked up by CBS.

Set 50 years in the future, it will involve the Borg attacking the Dominion in order to take over the Gamma Quadrant, but the changelings look to the Federation for salvation this time around!

It will star Admiral Antara Yar, Ishara Yar's half-sister, commanding the USS Defiant-F. Also, Admiral Zutrov Chekov, along with Admiral Rene Picard, who was cloned from another clone, this one of Shinzon who was never activated. Leading them all is Fleet Admiral Ticonderoga Sisko, the daughter of Ben Sisko and Cassidy Yates brother's cousin's uncle's former roommate. There will be wall to wall epic fleet battles!

The most important part is that we got J.G. Hertzler's friend who was once on the set of TNG catering the shoot that day, as Admiral Chekov! He said he speaks Russian! We tested him on his "Vs" and "Ws", and it seemed legit.

It's all but guaranteed to be a pilot!*

*not a guarantee

3. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Don't give anyone any ideas. They're just Kickstarter away from actually trying something like that.

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

It kind of sounds like a setup for a soap opera scenario...
    Maybe we don't want to know what happened. :eek:

Kor

5. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems to be a reference to Marvel Comics' Star Trek: Early Voyages where Christopher Pike's father was a former Starfleet admiral named Josh Pike.

6. Kor

^ Yep, that's it! I enjoyed Star Trek: Early Voyages, though I wish it had been more cerebral.
    It's a shame Early Voyages ended the way it did.

Kor

7. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Unless you're more familiar with the novel Burning Dreams, in which his father is petty officer Charlie Pike.

Something crying out to be ignored/retconned anyway, surely? Axanar has, at least.

8. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

In other news...
    On their facebook page, they've recently announced they'll be using Phase II sets rather than constructing their own sets in LA. That really changes their budget now, since they claimed set-building was by far the biggest part of the budget. Seems like they launched the kickstarter a little soon :shrug:

9. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

I doubt the actors are doing this without expecting more than bagels and coffee in return.

10. aalenfae

Looks like they've already reworked the budget, actually.

Before, they were saying they needed over $400,000, and were planning multiple kickstarters. Now, they're saying $112,000 is enough to do the entire production, minus the cost of flying the cast and crew out to New York to shoot on Phase II sets.

11. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I think I've become a little spoiled. I'd like to see some "Proof of concept" before donating, even a short vignette. The actors are obviously professionals, but I'm not sure about the production team.

12. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

''We'll see his son, Chris Pike, take command of the starship Enterprise. We''ll see my character, Admiral Pike, take command of the Constitution... (dramatic pause!)...we'll see how they relate to each other, they've had a strained relationship''

How is this interesting? If you want to do a soap opera, then DO a soap opera. And all of these ''star'' actors are stationed on different ships, if they have a story where all of them interact with each other, I'm afraid what they have is again another pew-pew-pew shoot-em-up type of ''story''...

yawn...

And they want to elaborate on what happened to Pike on Rigel 7...well, we already know, they went to this planet, many Enterprise crewmembers were killed, and Pike fought for his life against a 7-foot tall savage barbarian. Can we have a different story that we don't already know the outcome of instead?

Also: ''Strategic Combat Division''? sorry, but that's not what Starfleet was all about...

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, as with any Star Trek production, I wish them luck. It does have the feel of the Equinox production though. The marketing needs some work. Let see how they do on the KS campaign.

14. Kor

Faced with adversarial, expansionistic alien empires, somebody must have a department along those lines. And we've never seen any other organization besides Starfleet that has the resources for something like that. Starfleet has always been the Federation's only line of defense.

Kor

15. aalenfae

I certainly agree that Starfleet has to operate in some sort of combat capacity. But Captain Pike didn't seem like the "combat" type, to be honest. I think three people got killed on Rigel 7, and he was ready to throw in the towel.

16. HarryM

HarryM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, well, we all know Star Trek is about warfare and space battles, so...

17. Kor

Of course not... but the Cold War allegory was a HUGE part of classic Trek.

No matter how peaceful the Federation is, if there are warlike empires out there in space, then at some point there will be conflict. So how does the Federation deal with the inevitable when it finally happens?

Kor

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

The way they've finally dealt with it dozens of times already. :p

19. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    Although that sounds overly militaristic, it's similar to what the FASA RPG used for different divisions of Starfleet. They had Galaxy Exploration Command, Military Operations Command, Colonial Operations etc.

This covers the different types of missions that Starfleet might be expected to cover. Considering Axanar is using the Four Years War arc, a FASA creation after all, it would be cool if this production could alter the SCD to one of the FASA ones, probably the Military Ops if that fits their story best.

20. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I would like to see them bring out the Laser Cannon again, that was pretty cool. I wish they had used that in TOS instead of firing phasers from orbit.