Spoilers STAR TREK BEYOND

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I still think STiD is worse than Nemesis. The Khan repeating makes me rage every time. But I'm really looking forward to STB.

Smoked Salmon likes this.
  2. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

See that's the thing.

I don't mind an action Trek film at all. I'm judging it as an action film first. It's good writing I'm after, all I want is a coherent story that makes sense and then give me some "Star Trek stuff" after that. It's why I'm not a fan of Into Darkness.

With that said, I'm super glad you enjoyed the film and your comments perfectly match up with what I want out of Beyond. This sounds like it'll be a great 50th Anniversary gift to fans.

Smoked Salmon likes this.
  3. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Instead of begging for spoilers, as I know you want to refrain from talking about this film much, what are your thoughts on the previous two films, just to get a general idea of where you stand?

4. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not that I don't want to. I just don't like the idea of being sued for breach of contract by my favourite film studio!

I thought it was the best of the new films by some way. Handling an all out balls to the wall action film for modern day audiences that has enough for old timers like me as well must be a real challenge. Lin pulled it off.

Stay away from the spoilers, there's some nice mysteries you'll have fun unraveling if you go in spoiler free. Enjoy. It's a terrific film.

5. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

I think it's now time to leave this forum for a few weeks. I can't wait to see Star Trek Beyond!

BillJ likes this.
  6. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about spoilers?

Interesting, the idea that the home release may be longer.

Haven't actually seen it, of course, but would dispute the idea that
    Krall needed development up front. I like the idea of a mysterious foe who you only really discover toward the end of the story.

Malaika likes this.
  7. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

I'm avoiding spoilers. Not even tempted. I'm excited about going to a Trek movie where I don't even know what it's about.

A bit of speculation ahead...

I see that Sulu thread. I have a theory about what the spoiler is and in two weeks I'll see if it comes to pass. And if I'm right, I don't think that George Takei would be happy about it.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Nice NY Daily News story..but the comments..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    It's just as bad over on STC's fan group page on Facebook. Utterly close-minded, disgusting and disgraceful behavior from supposed "fans" of Star Trek.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    KennyB, Malaika and RAMA like this.
  10. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

I forgot that this thread is labeled "spoilers". I guess it's time for a two-week break.

11. Zonker

Zonker Commander Red Shirt

STC? Didn't they do Blood and Fire? I would have thought the people who would be turned off by this wouldn't be in a STC fan group.

12. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Phase II/New Voyages did Blood and Fire.

13. Zonker

Zonker Commander Red Shirt

Ah, I always get those confused. That makes more sense.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Its been a full day and I'm still disappointed with the comments about the movie opening. Im not talking about spoilers but just general reactions. I haven't heard anything negative about the movie yet, but I wanted a larger sampling.

15. photon70

photon70 Commander Red Shirt

If it's any consolation, Twitter comments have quadrupled in the last 24 hours.

16. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I go to movies to escape the reality of my country. (I live in the US.) I am watching a civil war happening on the streets of my country. My biggest hope is that this film will get my mind off this. If it does this, I won't care if it is better than the last one or two movies. It will be the best film for me.

Therin of Andor, BillJ and Trekfan12 like this.
  17. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm waiting for people like Collider and Emergency Awesome to start talking about it on Youtube. Nothin' yet!

18. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps "Continues: A Star Trek Fan Production" (plain typeface) can release two 15 minute fan films, with no additional sequels, fixing this turn of events for their wonderfully open-minded fans, assuming the fans raise no more than $50,000 for this endeavor.

USS Intrepid likes this.
  19. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

We all signed a no-reviews-until-21st-July embargo, so general comments are all you're going to get at this point. On Facebook, click on the hashtag #GoBeyond for hundreds of reactions and pics.

Richard Baker likes this.
  20. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

People forget the first gay storylines in a major fan film were in Hidden Frontier not Phase II.