Star Trek Beyond and Stargate Atlantis parallels?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Roald, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Roald

Roald Commander Red Shirt

I don't know if anyone ever mentioned this, but I kind of felt STB was inspired by some elements of Stargate Atlantis, especially by the Wraith. The Swarm ships remained me of Wraith darts, the Yorktown reminded me of Atlantis itself and the way Krall drains energy from other life forms is pretty much the same as the Wraith do so. Don't get me wrong, I love STB and ST in general so much, way more than Stargate. And I'm not bothered by the similarities or anything, I was just wondering if anyone else saw them too.

2. Katie_nyc_

Katie_nyc_ Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Swarms of ships aren't unheard of. Same goes for life force sucking aliens.

Scotchy likes this.
  3. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Captain Captain

I don't really see a comparison between Atlantis and the Yorktown

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Krall's leaching life force out of others kind of reminded me of the Wraith, but not in a serious way. Otherwise, no I saw no real similarities. Fun fact though, actor Dan Payne was in the movie, who has had multiple roles in both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. Granted, his most recognizable role, the Anubis Super Soldier, was from SG-1.

5. wayoung

wayoung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, fancy space cities and vampirism aren't sci fi concepts developed by Stargate. They've been around as long as the genre has.

6. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

I remember watching Atlantis and thinking, why can't Trek have cool stations like this?

Then Yorktown came along and eclipsed it. Weirdly, I didn't link the Vamping tech with the Wraith and instead of darts, the swarm reminded me of the Cylon fighters in BSG

7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Big difference ?

I liked Stargate Atlantis.