stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I think most people go to Memory Alpha if they have questions these days. Besides, who has the time? We're too busy here. :D

2. stell

stell Cadet Newbie

i have to say, memory alpha is astonishing. it balances in-universe and out-of-universe information very well. it's also beautiful, thorough, and consistent.

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Exactly, just wing it, like Bones does when he reinserts Spock's brain in Spock's Brain (episode 60043-61).

:p

Welcome stell!

4. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

^I agree, stell. Memory Alpha is always the best source when too look up anything Trek-ish, from shuttle types to Klingon opera.

LOL Australis, you mean we are too busy fighting ads here. I'm so glad about my office's extremely harsh firewall. It lets not a single ad through - utter bliss! I don't post from my own PC anymore as my firewall can't compete.

I can only urge all newbies and oldies here to use the best virus protection they can get. Quite a lot of the ads here are malware-infested and in many cases an inadvertent rollover with the mouse will already suffice to make them attack you.
    Particularly dangerous are the ones that appear in the same position as the login square. Make sure to move your cursor to a safe spot, for example to the adress line of your browser, when you log in. I've repeatedly been attacked by malware kits in the last months when I left the cursor in place and an infected ad loaded just underneath it on the board index page.

5. Australis

^ Yeah, there is that.

6. rhubarbodendron

but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (and propably crazier :D)

I wonder: in the Trek Universe there is no personal fortune /wages/ money (that was stated in that TNG epi where they find 3 frozen people from our century).
    If nobody buys things, wouldn't there consequently be no ads? That'd be a pretty cool world: ad-free websites, no ad breaks during TV shows and movies, no overflowing letterboxes (or mail accounts)...
    excuse me, I must urgently get deep-frozen!
    :D

7. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^ep 40271-126.

8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

Greetings!

I'm a Star Trek Fan from Germany & I wanna talk about...
    You know Star Trek & other stuff. :)

9. rhubarbodendron

welcome! What region are you from? I'm Bavarian - if you're not too far away we could meet =)
    Judging by your name you are a Dr Who fan?

10. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi!!! My name is Marika and I am a Star trek addicted ! Lately i realized i need psychiatric help.. i can;t read anything else ( i am a compulsive reader ) than ST novels !

Thank you for accepting my application to this forum. I stumbled upon it because i was looking for infos about books.

About me : Like i have said I love to read , I love gaming .. i am a nerd lol . And of course when i have seen that many of the authors are actually posting in this forums I want to kneel and say THANK YOU ALL !

Since i love the old timeline the books made me so happy , when i read is like watching entire seasons in tv .

My adventure started when i discovered that there were books talking about Trip's death and how they fixed this injustice . I read them all. By the time i finished the last book in the Romulan wars series , the addiction was imminent . I switched to TITAN series but stopped when they got to DESTINY trilogy . i actually felt bad because of what i was reading on internet about Captain Hernandez , i just couldn't convince myself to read those books ( too sad ) . Then my internet went down in february for a week so i had to find something to occupy my mind and with heavy heart i bought the trilogy . Now seven months later .. i have read all the books about ENTERPRISE, VOYAGER , TNG, and DS9 starting from after nemesis relaunch novels .... ugh I have a month to wait for the new VOYAGER book !

Anyway, Nice to meet you all!

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Hi Marika and welcome! I was going to point you in the direction of the Trek Lit forum but I see that you have already found it. I hope you enjoy posting here!

12. IreneAdler

IreneAdler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I already introduced myself in the other thread, but I figured I'd post something here too.

I'm IreneAdler (also known as ThatGeekChick or ThatIreneAdler in various other places). I love writing and 'shopping Trek, and meeting other people who do the same. I'm interested in cool people to write with (or just talk about Star Trek stuff). Of course, the shamelessly self-promoting side of me also likes readers and viewers for my work :-D

I am looking forward to getting to know people better!

13. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

I'm from NRW. And I quite like Dr. Who. :)

14. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thank you Kestra :) I think i finally found a good forum :)

15. rhubarbodendron

Welcome, fellow book addict! :) You'll never catch me without a book either, though lately I am more into Highlander-fanfiction.
    Are there any Trek novels you don't have yet, particularly the old ones? I used to collect them, a decade ago, but got kindof tired of them. Most of mine are in German but I also have a few in English. If you give me a list of what your collection lacks, I'll have a look at my one. Maybe I can help you bridge the gap till the next novel gets released.
    And in the worst case there's always the fanfiction forum - the Trek-literature fan's Methadone-programme :D

LOL I shold have known it: exactly the opposite end of the country! (8 hours by car, 12 by train counting in the usual delays). You live rather close to my old buddy Santaman, though (he's from Holland).

Welcome, IreneAdler - I take it you are a fan of Connan-Doyle? :D (btw: guys, if you haven't seen her pic in the photo thread yet, you should place a drool bucket under your screen before you have a look :D This lady 's hot!)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome to all the fresh new names and faces! I hope you have lots of fun in the forums! This board is definitely interesting in all sorts of ways. :cool:

17. rhubarbodendron

And there are plenty of nice posters! *huggles cooleddie* :adore:

18. CaptainJohn

CaptainJohn Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, I'm John and I'm new around here. I may have posted a few times before I spotted this thread :)

19. rhubarbodendron

welcome :) My appologies for replying that late - I was afk for a loooong celebration cum hedge clipping weekend.

Don't worry, we're a nice bunch here and mostly harmless (as long as you remember to avoid political and religious topics). Enjoy the board! I particularly recommend the Lounges. Coolest place on all the board! :)

20. Australis

Hello to all the new peoples, or peeps as they are known.