(Spoilers) What do you want to see in DISCO's series finale?

*cue scene of Discovery getting hammered by Breen disruptor fire*

Asha: "engines are offline, Commander. We're dead in the water"

Rayner: "Rhys, Weapons?"

Rhys: "phaser banks are offline, torpedo tubes 1 thru 4 are gone, tubes 5 thru 7 are offline, repair teams responding"

Rayner:"shields?"
*Rhys just shakes his head despondently*

*The bridge shakes and consoles explode as the Breen continue to pound on discovery*

Rayner: "I guess that's it then. All hands abandon ship"

*As the klaxon sounds, the bridge crew look to Rayner*

Rayner: "You heard what I said. Get to the escape pods and set course for Federation HQ. Rhys tell the repair teams to get the remaining torpedo tubes running now. I'll try to buy you all some time"

Tilly: 'What? Wait, no. We aren't just going to.."

*Tilly is interrupted by Rhys's console beeping rapidly*

*Rhys looks at his console with concern*

Rhys: 'multiple warp signatures inbound'

*Rhys's chagrin turns to a smile as he sees the ID's of the incoming ships*

Rhys: 'it's Starfleet! Excalibur, Armstrong, Le Guin, Annan, Nog and Jubayr dropping out of warp.

*Rayner slaps the arm rest of the captain's chair as the bridge cheer*

Rhys: 'Wait there's another Starfleet ship inbound. I don't believe it..'

Rayner 'Don't keep it to yourself, Gen'

Rhys: 'it's.... identifying as USS Enterprise'

Last edited:
The same Burn and future that will be integral to the Starfleet Academy series?
Do we know if that's still true? Because they haven't even gotten casting down yet, and a lot can change in the years between early announcements and production.

Do we know if that's still true? Because they haven't even gotten casting down yet, and a lot can change in the years between early announcements and production.
It's literally about Starfleet Academy reopening for the first time after the Burn.

It's literally about Starfleet Academy reopening for the first time after the Burn.
No, that's what it was originally announced as being about.

But that means all of nothing until production of the first episode is actually completed. And even then as Geneviève Bujold taught us things can still be completely changed.

So I'll ask again, do we actually know if that's still true?

Holly Hunter has been cast. So whatever is planned is solidified and there's no reason to think they changed their mind.

You mean other then the streaming numbers for Picard Season 3 far far outstripping Discovery's? :vulcan:
Yes, other than that, given that it currently saves them money to film in Canada rather than LA (where Picard was filmed), and they are already constructing additional sets in Toronto.

And Season 5 of Discovery has had numbers matching with Season 3 of Picard, so again, how much money would you like them to spend?

Yes, other than that, given that it currently saves them money to film in Canada rather than LA (where Picard was filmed), and they are already constructing additional sets in Toronto.
That has literally no connection to when they choose to set it given the overly generic nature of the sets they can use.

And Season 5 of Discovery has had numbers matching with Season 3 of Picard, so again, how much money would you like them to spend?
It's matching Picard position wise, not minutes watched.

That has literally no connection to when they choose to set it given the overly generic nature of the sets they can use.

They want to reuse the sets and production values from DSC. And they have repeatedly stated that it takes place in the 32nd century. So unless there's some extremely compelling reason why they are now going to change their minds about when it is set, that's what we know.

Of course, the show won't debut until 2026, so we don't even know if they will even start preproduction before it gets cancelled if P+ gets bought out by someone.

No, that's what it was originally announced as being about.

But that means all of nothing until production of the first episode is actually completed. And even then as Geneviève Bujold taught us things can still be completely changed.

So I'll ask again, do we actually know if that's still true?
There was a recent interview in the LA Times with Kurtzman where he said they choose the 32nd century specifically to deal with the Burn and its ramifications.

Position matters too
Not really, because position is dependent on other shows that are releasing at the same time.

For example, if Discovery was releasing with the same shows as Picard S3 it wouldn't have even cracked the top 10.

Back