Spider-man books

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by garoo1980, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Whaaaaaa? No, of course not. Just because he created Babylon 5 doesn't mean that's the only thing he's capable of writing (and since it was a Warner Bros. franchise, it would be more likely to cross over with DC than Marvel). Straczynski was the regular writer on The Amazing Spider-Man from 2001-07. Morlun was the villain in his debut storyline on the series and a recurring adversary in subsequent years.

And why does it matter whether you read the comics? Most of the characters in any Spider-Man novel are going to be from the comics -- that's a given to start with. Spidey, Mary Jane, the Black Cat, the Rhino, they all came from the comics the same as Morlun, just earlier.

2. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

No, because Warner Bros. frowns on people linking universes they own to universes they don't own.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Speaking of superheroes, this seems like a good place to announce a new book coming out in March 2021 that features a lot of us past and present Trek novelists.

BIFF! BAM! EE-YOW!: The Subterranean Blue Grotto Guide to Batman '66 -- Season Two is indeed an episode guide to the second season of the old BATMAN tv series, with essays by me, Keith, Peter David, Bob Greenburger, and many others. (I contributed a "review" of the Penguin's short-lived career as a movie director.)

Koric and Jinn like this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's just a first person story, I don't think it would really count as an autobiography since it just covers one event, not Peter Parker's whole life.
    This is actually in line with the comics, since a lot of them do tend to feature first person narration from the title character.

5. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Christopher likes this.
  6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm really glad it's finally out! Apparently the trade paperback edition's release date is now June 1.