Sony Spider-Verse discussion thread

Surely the more interesting casting is Rhys Ifans retuning as Curt Connors*, an actual Spider-Man universe character?

*Or maybe just some other totally random unconnected character.

Surely the more interesting casting is Rhys Ifans retuning as Curt Connors*, an actual Spider-Man universe character?

*Or maybe just some other totally random unconnected character.

I think Rhys Ifans was supposed to be in No Way Home, but because of COVID wasn't able to actually film anything live so just used his voice. So it could be possible this is a 'cured' Curt Connors post No Way Home and Venom is in the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man universe.

Although when Eddie disappeared from the MCU bar he left a piece of venom behind and there's a scene in the trailer showing a soldier put a glass around that piece. The speculation with Venom talking about 'universes' and their hive mind knowledge has had some think it could mean 'multiverses', so it may just turn out that the hive mind is if a piece of them exists to grow and replicate in another universe and then have a connection.

Looks like Venom left a piece of itself in the MCU when the end of No Way Home put everyone back in their original universes. I think the fact that we only saw enemies (and Spider-Men) from two specific universes certainly would seem to hint at Venom being in one of the two and since there already was an appearance with a different one in Tobey's, the other option left is Andrew Garfield's.

The speculation with Venom talking about 'universes' and their hive mind knowledge has had some think it could mean 'multiverses',

Huh? A multiverse is simply a set of multiple universes, so that sentence doesn't make sense. If there are "universes," then by definition that is a multiverse, singular.

Did they forget which universe Tom Hardy's No Way Home end credits scene took place in?

Almost certainly.

Or it's like the Spider-Man appearance in 'Morbius'; something made expressly for the trailer that was never going to be in the movie.

Almost certainly.

Or it's like the Spider-Man appearance in 'Morbius'; something made expressly for the trailer that was never going to be in the movie.

I doubt they even care. Seems like the NWH ending was just a setup for this sequel.

I think things have happened and been presented which certainly should have been interpreted in a specific way... but ultimately Sony just seems massively incompetent. Maybe it's lack of direction, maybe they 'jump the gun' and tried to do things beyond what their actual rights would allow.

Odd that this went under the radar.....
I enjoyed the first two movies for what they are, kinda like B-movies that are mindless entertainment on a Saturday evening.

The Spider-Man Noir tv show has found its Robbie Robertson, if this story is to be believed

Kinda odd that, in a world where we need announcements, teasers for teasertrailers that will tease the trailer, Sony just dropped this about an hour or so ago.

Back