So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yikes. That's a shame. I hope that never happens with my library (though the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is one of the biggest and most successful library systems in the country, so that seems unlikely).

2. marlboro

marlboro Guest

Just ordered Entering Tenebrea by Roxann Dawson. No idea if it's gonna be any good, but what the heck.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turns out the Glendale Public Library is part of Hoopla and I can get a card from them too since I live in the county they're in.

trampledamage likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Oh, good.

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

File M for Murder by Miranda James

6. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just cracked open DISCO: Die Standing by John Jackson Miller. I'm not big on mirror Georgiou but I love all of JJMs star trek and star wars books. So despite the character, I'm looking forward to this one. I dont really hate Mirror Georgiou, just the character does nothing for me.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Rereading "Carmilla" because I'm in the mood for a classic vampire story.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  8. Reanok

A Novel way to die by Ali Brandon

9. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For my 'summer' camper reading now I've moved on to "The New Voyages" anthology from Bantam books, I believe the first Star Trek anthology to include 'fan' written stories. I did have "The New Voyages 2" at one time but now I'm having trouble finding it. I've moved several times since I got it in the 1990s so hopefully I didn't misplace it somewhere.

10. Reanok

Star Trek TOS The lost years by J.M. Dillard

marlboro likes this.
  11. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been twenty-five years since I've read either, but I remember liking the first volume more than the second. The first was, and there's no other way to put this, weirder. The stories have more of an edge to them and are a lot stranger. :)

Damian and Daddy Todd like this.
  12. marlboro

marlboro Guest

The Roxann Dawson book arrived. Not only is she the author, she's also the cover model.

I also picked up two anthologies: The Traveler's Almanac and The Very Best of the Best (a compilation of stories from the Year's Best series.)

I also tried to order 2 books from Moonstone Books with no success. Some sort of technical glitch trying to pay with a credit card. No luck getting a response from the company. Not very reassuring.

13. Reanok

Nacho your average murder by Maddie Day

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I started reading the digital comic collection Star War: Doctor Aphra Volume 1: Aphra written by Kieron Gillen, with art by Kev Walker. I really liked the title character in the Darth Vader comic series that introduced her, and I've been looking forward to checking out her solo series.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  15. Reanok

Star trek ds9 The Heart of the warrior by John Gregory Bettencourt

16. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Just in case you didn't know, the TENEBRA books are actually a trilogy. I own copies of all three, but haven't read them yet so I can't give my opinion yet.

Oh, and I'm reading two books right now. THE WEB BETWEEN WORLDS by Charles Shieffeld, and THE FOUNTAINS OF PARADISE by Arthur C Clarke.

marlboro likes this.
  17. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rereading: Vanguard: Reap the Whirlwind

Just finished: Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart

I would recommend this cozy mystery for anyone who likes libraries, astronomy, or 18th-century China. It made for a welcome change from the Christie settings or contemporary American cozies.

trampledamage likes this.
  18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm currently about two thirds of the way through Die Standing by John Jackson Miller. Liking it so far.

19. Reanok

The Return by John Barnes & Buzz Aldrin

20. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The latest Literary Treks episode is out: Literary Treks 307: Twisted Like a Bag of Bread, in which Bruce and I speak with John Jackson Miller about Discovery: Die Standing.

Currently re-reading Strangers From the Sky, one of my all-time favourite Trek novels.

Smiley and Allyn Gibson like this.